Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
SPOILER ALERT!
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:56 AM »
I'm having fun playing with the spoiler tape, for example you guys think I've written a spoiler under here...but really, it's just a bunch of commentary and a few random words proboscis lanteen phlogiston

so, I propose a thread where we reveal our favorite spoilers from movies, books, or video games

as always, exercise good nerd courtesy by saying what you're spoiling. My favorites are:

Darwinia
turns out this 18th century adventure novel isn't taking place in the past...but rather in the distant future. The historical fiction novel we've been reading is actually a faulty simulation inside an enormous cosmic supercomputer. This twist could very easily have been done wrong, but the author writes it well, so it doesn't read like a desperate cop-out, and rather something that you knew was coming.

Bioshock:
at the end of the game, it turns out you have no free will...you've just been mindlessly following the orders of your handlers. Instantly, the linear structure of the video game makes sense! no shooter has ever explained this before, and it works so well. ...then they had to go ruin everything by making a sequel.

The monster at the end of this book:
Its a kid's book, about a monster...that's at the end of the book. It turns out the monster is Grover from sesame street, who's been narrating the book the whole time. Classic

US-Canadian Relations:
Spoiler Alert: every time the United States has invaded Canada, we've been defeated.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline PTTG

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: SPOILER ALERT!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »