Author Topic: Aurora C# Screenshots  (Read 145441 times)

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
Re: Aurora C# Screenshots
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »
what would the difference be for this compared to a flag bridge?

Further such a thing i think would be better restricted to space stations with hab modules
It would be much bigger.  The size of things like maintenance modules.  I want full-fledged command ships, not just ordinary ships with flag bridges.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
The first screenshots of the new Commanders window. There may still be some minor changes and a few extra buttons but the major elements of the window are all there. The major changes compared to VB6 are as follows:

1) Ranks have been moved into a tree view format. Scientists 'ranks' are their research fields while Administrators are arranged by admin rating.
2) The available assignment section shows the actual required rank now instead of the rank number. Greyed out ships already have assigned commanders. You filter those out by using the 'Available Only' option.
3) The history is more prominent and I have added some code (for future events) to remove the unnecessary 'relieve' events where they are followed by an assignment event without any time differential.
4) The search function allows you to specify four different bonuses and the list of the commanders will be sorted by those four bonuses left to right. Duplicates in the bonuses options are ignored. This section now also shows rank and current assignment.

In general, there is more information available and should allow for easier allocation of assignments.

The second screenshot shows a civilian administrator selected and a search based on administrator bonuses.

The third screenshot is back to naval commanders and shows the new assignment categories. In the search section, the duplicate espionage sort criterion is ignored.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
Will the rank abbreviations be editable?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:08:58 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Detros

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #438 on: March 18, 2017, 05:09:07 AM »
Yes, and the rank name. Currently you can click a rank and rename it. I need to add a second input for the abbreviation. If no abbreviation has been set for a rank by the player, the abbreviation will be R#, where # is the order of the rank from highest to lowest.

Offline Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #439 on: March 18, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
Do the personality traits have a function or still rp-only? Would nice to have atleast some, even tiny effect.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #440 on: March 18, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »
Do the personality traits have a function or still rp-only? Would nice to have atleast some, even tiny effect.

Just RP at the moment.

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #441 on: March 18, 2017, 12:49:11 PM »
How do the new modules provide potential roles for junior commanders if all of them need officers above the lowest rank?

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #442 on: March 18, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
How do the new modules provide potential roles for junior commanders if all of them need officers above the lowest rank?

The text states (for example): "Auxiliary control is 1 HS and 15 BP. Allows the assignment of an Executive Officer to the ship who will apply his full Crew Training Bonus. Minimum rank for the ship commander is one above the racial minimum."

That means that for a ship to have an Auxiliary control, the Ship Commander needs to be one above the minimum rank, while the exec can be the minimum rank. I probably should have added the rank differentials for the new officers as well.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #443 on: March 19, 2017, 06:29:12 AM »
Will we be able to add rules for Auto Assignment? Would be nice for planetary governors to be able to define a rule as to what kind of attributes you want the local governor to have and then let the auto assign do that job for you... .

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #444 on: March 19, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
Will we be able to add rules for Auto Assignment? Would be nice for planetary governors to be able to define a rule as to what kind of attributes you want the local governor to have and then let the auto assign do that job for you... .

VB6 Aurora doesn't handle auto-assignment for planetary governors, although I am considering it for C# Aurora. I'm not sure rules would work as you intend though. It would probably be easier to use the search functionality and choose your governor than set rules for each individual population. There is also a lot more intelligence required in terms of assessing the weight of different bonuses compared to the needs of each pop.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline Britich

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #445 on: March 19, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »
It would be nice for auto assigning of governors of any type to any colony as I tend to just assign anyone, regardless of skill set, to any planet/moon large enough to warrant an A2 or better.
On/Off would be a hoot ^.^

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »
Also having an option not to "scrap" unused officers when you do Auto-Assign would be nice ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Father Tim

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »
After playing some STO... It would be nice if the officer positions could be filled by the same person. I.E. Medical and science are filled by one person. Probably at some reduced effectiveness.

Offline Retropunch

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #448 on: March 29, 2017, 06:53:40 AM »
All looks great, being able to mess around with hierarchies/command to get the best result is something that I've always enjoyed immensely. 

A few questions/thoughts:

Will there be negatives as well as bonuses? It'd be nice to have to weigh up the pros and cons rather than just choose whoever has the highest score.

Will there be task group/fleet bonuses even if they're not in an admin command? It'd be good to have small bonuses even if you haven't set that all up. 

I'd also feel that top level commands should have stronger bonuses/negatives for everyone under their command.  So if Ship A gets 1/3 bonuses from a direct superior and 1/16th for ones above that, the top level command should provide say 1/10th (or similar).   This would sort of simulate that without solid top level leadership everything else struggles to work.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #449 on: May 18, 2017, 07:12:31 AM »
The new Create Research Project window. Very similar in function to the VB6 version but laid out slightly differently.