Author Topic: Recreational Modules  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
Recreational Modules
« on: August 02, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »
I was searching the forums, and I've find posts that say both that recreational modules will work anywhere, as long as the fleets are in the same position, and some that said they only work in orbit of another body. Can anyone confirm which is actually the case?

Also, I assume that if I were to make a military vessel with a recreational module on it, the crew's morale would never drop. Can anyone confirm that?

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Recreational Modules
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 05:23:24 AM »
They will work anywhere, however I have had mixed results in how they work. Lets say I make a single ship and put a rec module aboard, I find that ship still suffers from moral loss. However if I design a ship with a hanger bay, then inside that bay include a ship with nothing but a rec module, it now functions perfectly and prevents any morale loss from either vessel.

I haven't actually tested though to see if the morale loss suffered in the first event was simply a number display or if once they got to 0% there was actually any effects taking place from it.

Offline Stardust

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 07:20:46 AM »
I've had no luck with recreational modules.  I haven't experimented much, but my fuel harvester crews were getting rather bored so I thought I'd provide some entertainment.  A big ship with a recreational module was sent to join them, but the fuel harvester crews were still bored and the folks onboard the recreational vessel eventually got bored as well.  It's not pretty.  I even sent them to a moon orbiting the fuel source for some time with identical results.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
I would assume that it's similar to other systems, your ship needs to come to the location of the rec module to get the benefit, whereas sending the ship with the rec module to the other ship won't help it.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 03:11:32 PM »
I'd call that "a bug". Having a recreational ship "visiting" the front troops would give some nice RP elements :-)

Offline bitbucket

• Chief Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »
I have had consistently inconsistent results with recreational modules.  >:(

When I put them in as part of a megaton-sized set-it-and-forget-it orbital station like a fuel harvester or massive asteroid mining platform, they work as advertised—that ship and ships near it don't run up deployment time.

When I build a small dedicated recreation ship—just the rec module, engines and fuel to push it, and crew quarters to run it—and send it out with fleets of smaller mobile miners, oftentimes they don't work: the recreation ship itself still runs up its deployment clock when away from populations and does nothing for other ships. Sometimes they do work, though. When they do work they work great; when added to a task group a working recreation ship keeps all deployment clocks frozen at zero even in transit between system bodies.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what 'activates' them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:31:22 PM by bitbucket »

Offline Beaker

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
I have found that they only function if they are in orbit around a body.