Author Topic: Wich Tutorial?  (Read 1000 times)

Halwar

Wich Tutorial?
« on: July 27, 2017, 04:36:59 AM »
Hello, im very new here.  There are many tutorial at this Forum, wich are should i read and in wich order?

Im sorry for my bad English  :-[

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
Re: Wich Tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »
Start with the Steve Walmsley tutorials for basics of starting, but you might also look up some Youtube videos. You will soon and often need to read individual pages of the Aurora wiki (link on the forum index page) to piece together how to do basic things (like ship design). A step-by-step of what to do generally, even what to design, isn't so easy because that will vary depending on what resources are available, the starting conditions you set, and how you want to play.

Some early advice however would be to get those construction factories on Earth to work building more factories, more labs, more Academies (so you can get scientists with the right specialties) and later automines to plop on bodies that have the minerals of which you begin to run out. Don't forget to expand shipyards in advance so they will be the size you need when you are ready to build ships. Jump-point exploration doesn't necessarily need to be a priority if you have the resources you need in the Solar System and you might not want too many ships on the move until you have done the power-and-propulsion research that lowers fuel consumption.

(EDIT: because I can't spell and my internal editor won't stop nagging me.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:51:39 AM by obsidian_green »