Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 68436 times)

Offline CptSparke

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #435 on: August 19, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »
Hi all !
I have a problem : when I want to view the "system information" window (F9), I see that :
Error in cboControlRace (it's the title of the error window)

Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg\ha3.  jpg'
Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/viewforum.  php?f=11

And when I click many times on tke "OK" button, a last window appears :

Aurora (title)

Run-time error '76':

So, what can I do for deblocate this windows ?
Thanks for help. 
Bye. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:51:00 PM by CptSparke »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #436 on: August 19, 2011, 05:00:51 PM »
OK whats going on here is an issue with the planet images in the system information window.  One of the planets has an incorrect image name.  You can change the image with a button on the bottom of that screen.  Once you clear hte errors, find the offending object, then change its image to one in that directory-- the problem should be resolved as soon as you do that!  Until you correct it, this problem will persist. 

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2011, 03:23:21 AM »

If you don't have that file in that folder in the game folder that you installed to, then you didn't extract the AuroraUpdate491.zip after running the installer. See step three of the first post of this thread.

Offline GeaXle

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »
Error 9 - Error in MoveToClosesItem

I got 2 two of these each time I incremented time (whatever increment length)

I was in the early stage of a new campain with my own race an star system.  It was a binary system with the second star pretty far away (more that 10b km), but I could access it through LP.

It first appeared when I visited one of the next system where there was a stable wormhole (star invaders I think?).

I tried deleting all orders (also conditional and default ones) my ship could have, as I though that might be the problem, but with no effect.

I may be wrong but I haven't find anything similar on the forum.  Also I got tired and delete the save before I realised I should post here.

Offline Herode

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #439 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:30 PM »
Minor typo : Class Design window, DAC/Rank/Information tab, Refit Cost From control -> the tooltip says "This is the exact sizeif the class".

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #440 on: September 04, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
Minor typo : Class Design window, DAC/Rank/Information tab, Refit Cost From control -> the tooltip says "This is the exact sizeif the class".

It shouldn't have a tooltip at all :). However I have corrected the same error in the Exact Class Size label which is apparently where I copied the label from :)

Steve

Offline liq3

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #441 on: September 05, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »
Edit: So apperently I can't read. . . .  can delete this if you want. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:01:54 PM by liq3 »

Offline Herode

« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:55 AM »
Minor typo : in the F2 / Research screen, "Technology description" panel for Capacitator Recharge : "The amount of power which am energy weapon will recharge every 5 seconds"

Offline Herode

« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2011, 05:27:21 AM »
An interesting time warp : the game freezed while playing a turn. The current date was 13th May 2062. I leaved it alone for 15 minutes or so, it was still frozen (CPU usage for Aurora's process : 50 to 75%). I guessed Aurora was stuck in an infinite loop, killed the process, restarted the game. On the System Map (F3), the current date is still 13th May 2062. But on the Events Log (Ctrl-F3), the current date is 18th May 2062.

I play a 1 day turn, the last log is from 14th may 2062 and the system map agrees.

NB : the event was the completion of a research project. It is not the first time Aurora freezes when a research project ends. It happened at least one time, maybe two I'm not sure, during the current game.

NB2 : bug confirmed : new turn froze again in same context (research projects completing). Also, auto-turn on with 5 days increments. The game was stuck 1 hour this time so I'm really sure it's an infinite loop and not only deep calculations involved.

And a minor typo : F5 screen, Design tab, rating Type colum for Thermal Sensors : Sensor Sterngth
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:11:27 AM by Herode »

Offline Herode

« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2011, 12:18:59 PM »
Just created a new game. I had the usual errors at game creation (4 error messages while Aurora God kreates the kosmos).

Settings : standard except 0 comets, 3 NPRs, Corporate Government.

Actions : go to SM mode, launch (but no sm-cheat) 2 research projects in order to be able to build some engines. Set industry to build infrastructure. Assign civilian officer to Earth. Click '1 day' button.

Aurora throws 4 error messages. In the events logs (SMEventLog.txt) :
1st January 2025 00:00:01,Human,Sol,New Shipping Line created: Halicarnassus  Shipping Line
1st January 2025 00:00:01,Maestu,Maestu,New Shipping Line created: Zorlu Carrier Line
1st January 2025 00:00:01,SM Only,System 0,Error in SetupNPRClasses
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset