Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 212417 times)

Offline McArren

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »
Quote from: Bit_01 link=topic=8144. msg84777#msg84777 date=1452265995
McArren,
Well, i'm not sure about accessing files since it's all in the database and that's locked.   Try using SM to delete or insta complete those projects.   Or , you know, just start over again and consider it a genetic failure in the brain of you people, Exterminate, repopulate anew :)
Still, try to fix it like that and report back, i will try to reproduce it on my end.

I ended up restarting.  Even when i cancelled those projects in industry window, they were still showing in production overview tab. 
And didn't find a way to delete 'em using SM.

And decided to not to try and mess with DBs, since i don't know what kind of databases are used in Aurora.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
I ended up restarting.  Even when i cancelled those projects in industry window, they were still showing in production overview tab. 
And didn't find a way to delete 'em using SM.

And decided to not to try and mess with DBs, since i don't know what kind of databases are used in Aurora.

Aurora uses Access. However, it is password protected as directly modifying the database can lead to issues.

Offline 0111narwhalz

• Petty Officer
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
           BUG:
Throwing continual 94s.
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Please report to. . .

Occurs as soon as I click the progress time, any increment, from any screen.  Appears to be linked to one of my GEV ship's orders, as the game throws a 94 followed by a 381 upon selection in the Task Groups window.
Error 381 was generated by aurora
Invalid Property Array Index
Please report. . .

The issue appears to have occurred when my geo survey ship ran out of objects to survey. 

WORKAROUND:
It can be resolved by detaching the offending ship from the taskgroup.  As the taskgroup in question was a single ship anyhow, it was a trivial matter.
Profile courtesy of Nicolas Niño, AKA Nnniiino.

Offline siath

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2016, 02:39:49 PM »
I looked and could find no report for this issue. 
I started a new game set the game to conventional start, set 'number of starting shipyards' to 4. 

When I got in game I had 1 shipyard and instead had 4 Ground Force Training Facilities.

Also getting the Error 6 report was generated by Aurora Overflow, got this after I spread my sensors out to max.  It happens only when I start the game now, I haven't seen it come up once the game is running after the first time. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:00:04 PM by siath »

Offline Norseman4

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2016, 07:11:35 PM »
Error in Display Systems

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
Please report (blah, blah, blah)

Just created a new game, my first, entered the system map and got this message ever time I tried to zoom in or out.  The zoom would work when I closed the error message.

Exited the game and re-entered it and the zoom is working correctly.  (AFAIK)

Offline 0111narwhalz

• Petty Officer
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2016, 09:01:14 PM »
            BUG:
No idea what I did to aggravate this, but the right ~1/3 of my System Map is failing to render.  Repeated attempts to refresh the map, ranging from clicking the "refresh" button, to incrementing, to closing and reopening the map.

WORKAROUND
Restarting game fixed it.
Profile courtesy of Nicolas Niño, AKA Nnniiino.

Offline Bit_01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Re: Not breaking bug, breaking my mind
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2016, 09:00:08 AM »
Quote from: Bit_01 link=topic=8144. msg84728#msg84728 date=1452203917
So uhh, i have been tinkering with this for 4 days now and i can't figure it out. 

Error in CreateGameLog
Error 429 activex component can't create object
Followed by and incredible amount of "press enter for 2 min to skip" errors 424 object required

This happens yearly from what i can tell and i can spam enter and keep playing. 
Before you say it, i have 2 partitions, C and E.   Game is installed in "E:\Games\Aurora 4x" and i have created the "Logs" file in "C:\" , "E:\" , "E:\Games" and "E:\Games\Aurora 4x".   Files named Logs everywhere, all empty. 
I also manually validated all .  DLL required by this game. 
This is driving me crazy.   Please do tell if you need more information.

So, i'm still working on this, game was uninstalled and reinstalled in "C:\aurora" , same problem.
I have read a number of places ranging from microsoft official to forums, crazy amounts of solution and contradictory information, nothing useful.
I'm honestly running out of will. . .  any luck with any of you guys?

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
Bug with Task Groups:

Under Special Order/ Organization, If I copy Orders to Subordinate Formations, the Condition for Conditional Order B is not passed along, the Order however is.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »
When you accidentally press the 5 days instead of the 5 second botton, it will ignore all missiles inbound and simply calculate all of the missile salvos engaging and hitting without any chance of launching AMM.

When your shipyard TG is attacked and destroyed (all units currently in TG are destroyed) the entire TG disappears. Any ships that are being constructed will,

1. Issue an error
2. Create it's own task group based on it's name
3. Log as '[ship name] assigned to Unknown Fleet'
4. Disappear, from both the TG and the ship list

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2016, 02:49:59 PM »
I got an issue setting up a new game. I checked the box "system body survey completed". After starting the game the only planet that got a complete geological survey was earth. Also on system view all bodies (except earth) show "no planetary survey for this planet".

No error messages showed up at all.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2016, 05:12:38 PM »
When firing HPM's at a ship, I get
Error in ApplyInternalDamage: Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No current record.

I'm guessing the ship doesn't have any electronics onboard so the HPM's don't really have anything to damage.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Not breaking bug, breaking my mind
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2016, 10:35:51 PM »
So, i'm still working on this, game was uninstalled and reinstalled in "C:\aurora" , same problem.
I have read a number of places ranging from microsoft official to forums, crazy amounts of solution and contradictory information, nothing useful.
I'm honestly running out of will. . .  any luck with any of you guys?

Did you create a C:\Logs directory?

Offline MinimumSky5

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
Every time I start a new game, i get an error message after the first time i discover minerals on a body:

Error in ShowMinerals
Error 13 was generated by Aurora
Type Mismatch

The error repeats after every turn, and will also repeat depending on how many minerals were discovered (so if the first mineable body had 3 minerals, the message would repeat 3 times on every turn. )

Offline loquid

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • l
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2016, 06:54:47 PM »
hi all.  I am new to Aurora 4x, and im loving it so far.  and i have finally started to colonize other systems.  I have a colony with ~20M colonists that i have dropped off some Construction facilities to jumpstart the production, as well as some terraformers.  it was all working fine and dandy for a while, then the production dropped to 0, even though everything is still there.  so i stopped the order for mines and restarted it, i then got the Error 6 Overflow dialogue box. . .  I offloaded all of the construction facilities then reloaded them onto the planet because restarting the production order would not even give a TTC.  after reloading all the construction facilities the production order now starts back up, BUT the Error 6 Overflow still pops up.  However, upon cycling a turn the dialoge pops up again two times in a row and no production is actually progressed. . .  If the colony dialogue is closed and i process a turn the error still pops up, but if there is no production order on this planet then there is no error 6 pop-up. . .  Also, the terraforming rate has dropped to 0 as well and will not restart. 

Is the cause of this something that is an actual Bug? or did i bungle something up without realizing it?

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2016, 08:51:45 PM »
Error in Show Minerals
Error 35602 was generated by Nodes
Key is not unique in collection

This was after a civilian mining complex formed on Comet Reinmuth. Brand new install, brand new game. Error shows up every time I advance time and stays even when I delete every civilian mining colony.

EDIT: Fixed it. First tried deleting just the colonies. Then deleted the example game. Then deleted all my population. Finally went into SM, reset all of the minerals in Sol, selected mark all SB as unsurveyed and that fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:08:27 PM by swarm_sadist »