Author Topic: WW II  (Read 1573 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
WW II
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:53:55 AM »
How do I prevent auto troop placements in the create new game?? Would like to build them after I placed all the countries... But i cant, is there a way to SM low tech units?? Can I give units experience before game starts?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:20:10 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: WW II
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:39:42 AM »
Set the population to 0 when you create a new race, that way it will have no troops. You can SM the population later.

Troops can be added though SM from the GU training tab, select the one you want and hit 'Add Units' then enter the number you want.

I think you might have to add one training facility to the race for the GU training tab to be visible though.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:17:53 AM »
You will also need to have given the race the tech for the units that you want to SM in, and you can not SM in low tech infantry or armour.

As far as I know there is no way to give units experience via SM mode. You could probably do so if you have the dev password and messed with the particular units entry in the database.

Offline madpraxis

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • m
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »
Just guessing here. . . but couldn't you add another empire's colony on that body then sm in some crappy ground troops. . . let your troops kill them, toss in a replacement battalion or three. . . and then rinse and repeat?

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
Just guessing here. . . but couldn't you add another empire's colony on that body then sm in some crappy ground troops. . . let your troops kill them, toss in a replacement battalion or three. . . and then rinse and repeat?
This gave me the idea that you could create a new empire, give it a gazillion population, transfer the desired low tech units to the desired populations, then delete it.