Author Topic: Why are my turns so short?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
Why are my turns so short?
« on: December 22, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »
I'm checking the "auto turns" box in the system map window, and I'm hitting the "5 days" button.  I've got no events filtered.  MMy last five turns have been 16 hours, 4 hours, 10 hours, and 2 hours.  There are no messages apart from "Last time increment" even in SM view.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?  Why is the game forcing me to take baby steps like this?  Is there anything I can do to get longer turns?

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
Re: Why are my turns so short?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »
There are two NPR's fighting it out somewhere. You don't see their actions, but the game needs to take shorter turns in order to calculate their fight.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »
it's a shame we cant like.. design ships and tech etc while turns are being played.

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »
Are you sure that's it?  The mouseover text for the Auto Turns checkbox says that it'll keep running turns until an interrupt is generated for a player race.  Two NPRs fighting shouldn't stop it from repeating.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
I think that happens some times. You can force turn intervals if you like with the box above the auto checkbox if you want to try that, but be careful with it.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:38:19 AM »
I also run into that same kind of loop. 6, 12, 24 or max 48 hours for like a year right now, no massage in sm view. It was my best game to this point and i really don't want to abandon it :( 

Anybody know if using designer password it is possible to track and eliminate the source of interruption?
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »
Should be. I just leave it running. Sometimes auto-turn doesn't work and the game gets interrupted but usually it runs smoothly enough.

Also, if your TGs execute conditional orders, they cause an interrupt that doesn't show up unless you check the even log.