Author Topic: New taskgroup locations  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
New taskgroup locations
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:03:16 AM »
In my current game I have shifted my shipbuilding operations to Titan from Earth, due to a mistake much earlier I no longer had a shipyard TG and so created a new one. However it seems to only create this at Earth, no matter what I cannot see the option that allows me to make a task group at Titan. If I try to build a ship without specifying a TG then upon being built they seem to vanish and do not appear on the ship list. However a TG is created at Titan using the name of the built ship, it is however empty and unable to carry out any orders etc.

Is there an option I have overlooked that allows me to make a new TG at any location I choose?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: New taskgroup locations
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:28:41 AM »
Can you not make the task group at Earth and then use SM change location to move it to Titan?

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:27 AM »
I've dealt with this issue in the past by flying an out of date freighter to the new shipyard location and then renaming the taskgroup its in to the new shipyard name. You can then use that taskgroup as the destination for the shipyard and if you want, you can use the split taskgroup function to get the freighter back out and used elsewhere. I typically just leave one old freighter in the shipyard taskgroup to make sure it doesn't inadvertently get shifted somewhere else.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »
In the top right of the History / Officers / Misc tab on the F12 Task Group window, there is an SM-only option to change the location on a task group. Select a system and either a system body, a jump point or a waypoint. Then press Save.