Author Topic: More options for diplomacy?  (Read 1790 times)

Iranon

More options for diplomacy?
« on: September 19, 2016, 04:56:40 AM »
I'm very satisfied with the shipbuilding, military, economic aspecs of the game... but diplomacy seems very limited.

I'd greatly appreciate if empires could make some territorial claims and try to have them recognised without full scale warfare. Like "this system/body is mine, no ships welcome" or "traders welcome, but keep your warships out", with the option to give it some force with a warning shot. There would be some diplomatic fallout, but not necessarily total war.

Military alliances, with effects on diplomatic standing depending on whether the player does something about a common foe.

If possible, also some expanded and international trade:
Inclusion of minerals. In case of unbalanced contracs, international or civilian trade: If demand contracts outstrip supply, supply by civilian or international partners for an appropriate wealth cost. If supply outstrips demand, the possibility of something being sold to civilians/international trade partners in a way similar to how civilian mining colonies work.
International trade would add very interesting scenarios, where outposts close to another empire's core might be economically dependent on foreign trade.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: More options for diplomacy?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »
I agree that diplomacy could be a lot better. I will start to look at this once the base C# version is done.