Author Topic: Source of new system maps?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline chrislocke2000 (OP)

• Captain
  • c
Source of new system maps?
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:16:21 PM »
Hey all

In my current game I've recently had a large number of systems appear on my system map. Each system has gav details but no geo details and all of them are identified as belonging to a precursor race which I met a while ago. I managed to grab one of their abandoned colonies and recover quite a few installations and have subsequently colonised the planet, I've not however had any xeno teams on that planet for quite a few years. Having gone back down the logs I also can't see anything to say I've just acquired those system maps so was wondering how I might of obtained them or if this could be a bug?

I've also captured an NPR planet quite recently that I know had also had contact with the same precursor race but again no logs and the appearance of the maps did not coincide with me taking their planet.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Source of new system maps?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »
It's something you got from capturing the NPR, I'm pretty sure.  Last game I captured a trinity of alien races, and the second two gave me gravitational survey data, be it explored or unexplored jump points in systems.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Re: Source of new system maps?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:05:13 PM »
Yup. You can often get this info by rescuing alien crews from lifepods. Every time you rescue crew members of a destroyed
ship, interrogations are carried out. They often don't result in squat, but occasionally, you get a tech you didn't have, or
system info for one of their star systems. What? You didn't REALLY think I was rescuing them from the goodness of my
heart, did you?  ;D

Eric