Author Topic: Civilian Contacts  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Silentbrick (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
Civilian Contacts
« on: December 06, 2009, 04:24:52 PM »
How can I make the game stop seeing my civilian's ships as hostile contacts?  It's beginning to drive me up the wall.

This is a bit faster, editing.  And it was zooming around the map in red, which shows hostile.  I thought it was an alien at first, til the sensor data matched the civilian dispatch boat they built.

Why the civilians built one I have no idea, maybe they like passanger liners?  It's a small fast boat for carrying teams, but it does have the luxury passenger quarters.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:33:02 PM by Silentbrick »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Civilian Contacts
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
Quote from: "Silentbrick"
How can I make the game stop seeing my civilian's ships as hostile contacts?  It's beginning to drive me up the wall.
They should be appearing as civilian contacts rather than hostile. Try opening the Intelligence window and check the Military Cooperation level for the civilians

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »
They shouldn't be seen as hostile, but they will show up in Events when contact is lost/renewed.

Are you referring to interrupts during increments when the civilians move in and out of sensor range?

I have thought about asking Steve to allow the user to specify which type of event throws an interrupt during a time advance but I am not sure it is as simple as setting a flag to true/false and some of the interrupts are integrated heavily into the code.

If nobody has another idea, you could try setting up a chain of buoys that extends your sensor range round the area where the contacts are being lost/renewed. Although that could get a bit tedious and would be like placing bread crumbs to hostiles!

Offline Silentbrick (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:22:35 PM »
There's no dots in any of the choices of the military cooperation on the political relations window.  And even with SM on, there's no way to change it that I can see.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »
There's no dots in any of the choices of the military cooperation on the political relations window.  And even with SM on, there's no way to change it that I can see.
That is appearing as it should . The program shouldn't allow you to change civilians to hostile and unless they somehow fired on you, they shouldn't have changed themselves to hostile. What colour are the active contacts for the civilians?

Steve

Offline Silentbrick (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »
Okay, there WAS an alien contact.  Appears to have been a survey boat with the same speed but differing thermal sig.  I blew him up, so I'm going to go find his friends and blow them up too.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 08:59:30 PM »

This is a bit faster, editing.  And it was zooming around the map in red, which shows hostile.  I thought it was an alien at first, til the sensor data matched the civilian dispatch boat they built.

Why the civilians built one I have no idea, maybe they like passanger liners?  It's a small fast boat for carrying teams, but it does have the luxury passenger quarters.
The problem with editing is that it doesn't appear as a reply and it doesn't show up as a new message :). I only noticed it because I get emails for all posts and edits. It is much better to use reply or quote. I know you may have to wait a little while for posts to be approved but it is only for the first five posts for new users to avoid spam on the board. After your first five posts, they will appear immediately.

The civs will regard the small ship with the luxury passenger quarters as a small passenger liner, which they will occasionally build if you design one. They use it to move passengers between colonies and you get some income from taxing it. Is that the only civilian ship appearing in red or do they all appear in red? Or is that the only civilian ship so far?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
Okay, there WAS an alien contact.  Appears to have been a survey boat with the same speed but differing thermal sig.  I blew him up, so I'm going to go find his friends and blow them up too.
Ah, ignore my other post then. Good to hear the problem was solved and good luck with your alien-hunting!

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:37:57 AM »
Eheheh..
"Captain! we have one ToraBillions Civs Contacts on screen,Captain!"

"errr..srry Ensign,u r ABSOLUTELY sure what do u mean?..EARTH's CIVIS SHIPS?"..

"YES CAPTAIN!We have all our "masterPunyCloseRange 1-to-1 Maser" pointet at EVERY single ENEMY,CAPTAIN! we awaitn Your Command!"..

"err..Ensign,pls,disembark on this Void moon,ty...go ahead.."