Author Topic: Fleet locations  (Read 998 times)

Offline x2yzh9 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • x
Fleet locations
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:46:14 PM »
I start a Defense Force task group, and i always have to build the ships and stuff in sol then move them because when i go to my colony shipyards, the TG isn't listed there, in fact none of them are except for the Explorer TG wich is in orbit of the colony. The colony in question is one jump away from Sol.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Fleet locations
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
Quote from: "x2yzh9"
I start a Defense Force task group, and i always have to build the ships and stuff in sol then move them because when i go to my colony shipyards, the TG isn't listed there, in fact none of them are except for the Explorer TG wich is in orbit of the colony. The colony in question is one jump away from Sol.

Haven't ever built anything at a SY away from homeworld, but here's how it should work:

1)  The only TG you should see listed (in the SY tab) are those that are in orbit around the same body that the SY orbits.  This sounds like it's working correctly for you - it sounds like you're saying the only choice you get on the SY tab is the only TG (named "Explorer") in orbit of the colony.  If that's what's happening, then it's Working As Intended.

2)  You need to create a SY TG in orbit of the colony.  You can do this one of two ways:

A)  Select the Explorer TG in the F12 window.  Select the middle tab ("Special Orders/Organization").  Select the "Split TG" button near the bottom middle, WITHOUT ANY SHIPS HIGHLIGHTED.  This will create a new TG with any ships highlighted (so it will be empty, since you didn't highlight any) that's at the same location and belongs to the same TF.

B)  Close the F12 window.  Enter SM mode.  Open the F12 window.  Hit the "New TG" button at the bottom left.  Go to the 3rd tab ("Hist/Officers/Misc") and select your colony in the "Set Task Group Position (SM Only)", then hit the Save button.  This will magically teleport the TG from your homeworld to your colony world.  Don't forget to turn off SM mode.  To unactivate the "save" button, you'll have to close and open the window again with SM off.  I usually just leave the save button active, so that I can move fleets when necessary without screwing around with going into SM mode again to activate it.

John

Offline x2yzh9 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • x
Re: Fleet locations
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
Thanks, it worked.