Author Topic: The effects of transit  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Bandus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
The effects of transit
« on: November 11, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Recently, I decided I wanted to toy around with creating sensor bouys.  I designed a bouy, researched it, and loaded it onto a ship that had a missile launcher capable of launching said bouy. I moved the ship to the desired location for deployment (note, this did not involve use of a jump drive, jump gate, hyperdrive, etc.) via standard movement within a solar system.  I then loaded the bouy into the launcher via the "ordnance management" screen.  I then attempted to select the "Msl Launch" button but received the message that the launcher cannot be fired as the ship is suffering from the effects of transit.  I advanced time 10 days and the same message appears when attempting to launch. 

I thought "effects of transit" wouldn't even apply in this case? If so, how long can I expect it to last? These ships will be useless if they can't fire for a few hours after moving, let alone 10 days...

Is there a different way I should be deploying bouys?
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: The effects of transit
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »
Does your ship have a fire control for the launcher? there are 3 ways to deploy buoys also, f6/f8 fire control links and aimed at waypoints, f12 launch missile at commands, and the missile launch command you used.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:12:19 PM by Nathan_ »

Offline Bandus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
Yes, there is definitely a fire control system for the launcher on the ship.  I tried creating a waypoint at the JP and was able to launch the bouy by firing at it. The problem before may have been that I wasn't giving the FCS a target? The message regarding effects of transit confused me though.  Thanks Nathan!
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
I think the Msl Launch button is bugged, I've gotten that same error from ships that don't have jump drives and have never been near a jump point. Gotta go through the combat overview/the launch missiles at order

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »
I've never used the Missile Launch Command so I don't know about it, just the other two for some reason.