New Players > FAQ

Translation to other languages?

(1/12) > >>

luarvic:
Hello guys, im sorry for my poor english (im russian), so what i wanted to ask: is there any possibility that Steve will do some tools to translate Aurora on other languages? I mean file "russian. txt" with lines like "Population=?????????", "Production=????????????", etc. 

Im actually did some work, and succeed in capturing Api calls (all texts in Aurora is written by ExtTextOutW), and replacing it with my own functions with "find-translate" - code.  As a result i got a little bugy and very slow but working solution thats replaces any captions, texts, tables in Aurora.

Anyway, im okay with english, but if someone need it, i can finish it.
No, i did not disassemble Aurora, its all happens in RAM
By "slow" i ment 1-2s freeze when window or tab opens

Atlantia:
Sounds like it could be useful! I could help with Russian (Amerikanets govoryashchii chut' po-russki) and some other languages if they were in demand. What do our Italian players do?

Steve Walmsley:
Difficult to get Cyrillic to appear on the forum so I improvised :)

luarvic:
I mean pretty everything in game should be Russian if we want big community from CIS  :)
cause, you know, learning something like Aurora is 10 times harder when you cant understand 90% of hints.  I saw many people who said "Holy smeg! Its game of my dreams! Is there a ruseg?" and after "Nope" they disappear crying.
So anyway here what im talking about.

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: luarvic on February 07, 2012, 09:46:00 PM ---I mean pretty everything in game should be Russian if we want big community from CIS  :)
cause, you know, learning something like Aurora is 10 times harder when you cant understand 90% of hints.  I saw many people who said "Holy smeg! Its game of my dreams! Is there a ruseg?" and after "Nope" they disappear crying.
So anyway here what im talking about.

--- End quote ---

Ah - well at least I guessed right on Duranium :)

I can read Cyrillic, although my Russian is very limited, so the challenge would really be technical rather than linguistic. Assuming that VB6 will accept the character set, I think I would have to translate everything and compile a different version. It would be a massive task but also interesting and the latter is usually more important :)

I might do a test later this week for one screen and see how it looks.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version