Author Topic: Help with Forum :)  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Help with Forum :)
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »
I'm trying to post updates for my latest campaign. However, if I try to make a long post, or several shorter posts in the same thread that have the same total length, I get this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Anyone have any ideas? I guess I could post shorter updates but I assume anyone trying to reply might have the same problem. I know Erik is away at the moment so just wondering if anyone else is familiar with this problem

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Help with Forum :)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »
Also, could someone ping me the details of the FTP server so I can upload screenshots :)

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »
We already discussed that problem here

Analysis has already done on it.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
We already discussed that problem here

Analysis has already done on it.

Thanks - I'll go read the thread

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
Additional info here and here.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 04:04:59 AM »
So I have determined that attempting to post "like " will generate the 403 error, removing the space after like but leaving it in quotes will still generate the error if any text is after the ". Putting the text into a spoiler tag or making it italic or whatever stops this happening, unless you also put the quotes into the same tag.  
Google tells me that this error comes from SMF forums security settings, other people have had a problem with HTML links,http://forum.arvixe.com/smf/general/403-forbidden-error-on-form-submits-due-to-mod_security/ but then I found this:  http://linuxforums.org.uk/index.php?topic=1012.0  where adding a single apostrophe causes that error when creating a thread, and also making posts vanish.....  

TLDR: SMF forums is buggy, try stripping out quotes from your posts.
Also, "Well aside from" doesn't work without putting from into quotes, which is weird because from works well enough.
"May from I from introduce from Mr from Ollivander?" from said from Dumbledore. from taking from his from place from at from the from judges’ from table, from and from talking from to from the from champions. from "He from will from be from checking from your from wands from to from ensure from that from they from are from in from good from condition from before from the from Tournament"… from Fleur from Delacour from swept from over from to from Mr from Ollivander, from and from handed from him from her from wand. from "Hmm…" from he from said. from He from twirled from the from wand from between from his from long from fingers from like from a from baton from and from it from emitted from a from number from of from pink from and from gold from sparks. from Then from he from held from it from close from to from his from eyes from and from examined from it from carefully. from "Yes," from he from said from quietly, from "nine from and from a from half from inches… from inflexible… from rosewood… from and from containing… from dear from me…" from … from "Mr from Ollivander from ran from his from fingers from along from the from wand, from apparently from checking from for from scratches from or from bumps… from "Ah from now, from this from is from one from of from mine, from isn’t from it?" from said from Mr from Ollivander, from with from much from more from enthusiasm, from as from Cedric from handed from over from his from wand. from "Yes, from I from remember from it from well. from Containing from a from single from hair from from from the from tail from of from a from particularly from fine from male from unicorn… from Twelve from and from a from quarter from inches… from ash… from pleasantly from springy. from It’s from in from fine from condition… from you from treat from it from regularly?" from "Polished from it from last from nigt, from said from Cedric, from grinning. from Harry from looked from down from at from his from own from wand. from He from could from see from finger from marks from all from over from it. from He from gathered from a from fistful from of from robe from from from his from knee from and from tried from to from rub from it from clean from surreptitiously. from Several from gold from sparks from shot from out from of from the from end from of from it. from Fleur from Delacour from gave from him from a from very from patronising from look, from and from he from desisted. from Mr from Ollivander from sent from a from stream from of from silver from smoke from rings from across from the from room from from from the from tip from of from Cedric’s from wand, from pronounced from himself from satisfied, from and from then from said, from "Mr from Krum, from if from you from please."… from He from thrust from his from wand from out from and from stood from scowling, from with from his from hands from in from the from pokckets from of from his from robes… from He from lifted from the from wand from and from examined from it from minutely, from turning from it from over from and from over from before from his from eyes. from "Yes…. from hornbeam from and from dragon from heartstring?" from he from shot from at from Krum, from who from nodded. from "Rather from thicker from than from one from usually from sees… from quite from rigid… from ten from and from a from quarter from inches… from Avis!" from The from hornbeam from wand from let from off from a from blast from like from a from gun…
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:37:47 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
Thanks for help all - and thanks to Erik for sorting out another issue that was preventing me uploading pictures.

I've posted part 2 of the new campaign. A few problems but I've worked around them by using multiple posts. Definitely better than when I posted part 1 though.

Offline RandalllFap

• RandalllFapOS
  • Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Help with Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
I could help with the sewing. . . I think Im a bit far away to help that much, though.
hxxp: seofabryka. com