VB6 Aurora > Installation

Windows 7 and Vista Issues

<< < (2/9) > >>

Beersatron:

--- Quote from: "boggo2300" ---I just unzip to the folder I dowload the patches to, then copy paste and overwrite into the Program files Aurora folder, and let UAC elevate permissions.  Haven't had any problems at all doing it like this.

Matt
--- End quote ---

That never works for me, the DB doesn't get overwritten and neither does the exe. I double checked by opening the DB and checking the version ingame after the paste and after clicking to confirm the overwrite as 'admin'.

I even turned down UAC a level but still  

boggo2300:

--- Quote from: "Beersatron" ---
--- Quote from: "boggo2300" ---I just unzip to the folder I dowload the patches to, then copy paste and overwrite into the Program files Aurora folder, and let UAC elevate permissions.  Haven't had any problems at all doing it like this.

Matt
--- End quote ---

That never works for me, the DB doesn't get overwritten and neither does the exe. I double checked by opening the DB and checking the version ingame after the paste and after clicking to confirm the overwrite as 'admin'.

--- End quote ---

Weird, I've never had an issue, what if you delete the target exe and db first?  I was originally doing that (but got lazy the last couple of updates and have had no issues)

Matt

sloanjh:

Matt
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think I remember lots of Vista people having this problem when it first came out, but I don't remember what the fix was.  I think it was some sort of protection thing, but that might be what you meant by the UAC....

Sorry not to be of more help....

John

boggo2300:

--- Quote from: "sloanjh" ---

Matt
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think I remember lots of Vista people having this problem when it first came out, but I don't remember what the fix was.  I think it was some sort of protection thing, but that might be what you meant by the UAC....

Sorry not to be of more help....

John
--- End quote ---

Yeah UAC was a bit dumber in vista, which is why you had to delete the originals and copy fresh ones in, but I seem to be getting away without doing that in 7

Matt

yoshyusmc:
I don't mean to be an arse, but why don't you just turn UAC off?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version