Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Questions  (Read 185663 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Questions
« Reply #915 on: May 28, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »
No, only on Naval Headquarters Buildings.

Flag Bridge gives you a Senior Commander but their bonus only applies to the fleet. So your beam ships would need their own flag bridge equipped ship.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2020, 01:23:54 PM »
Your beam ships become a new fleet so they will not gain any bonuses form the old fleet commander. They will still get admin command bonuses as long as they are in range.

Can Admin commands be based on a flag bridge on a ship?

The flag bridge are basically anything from a squadron to a task-force commander. So if you look at a real fleet hierarchy that would be a Captain up to a Rear Admiral, perhaps a Vice Admiral. Fleet commanders rarely set foot on actual ships and stay at naval headquarters to coordinate the doings of an entire fleet.

In aurora a Fleet is really more of a Task-force, Task-group or even as small as a squadron where you can place a flag bridge commander.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2020, 09:51:17 PM »
What about ground HQs? Does the entire chain-of-command need to be on the same body or in the same TG to not have its chain-of-command broken? Is it possible to, say, have a Marine company HQ on a ship be connected to 4 or 5 Marine platoons currently deployed and boarding an enemy vessel?

Your beam ships become a new fleet so they will not gain any bonuses form the old fleet commander. They will still get admin command bonuses as long as they are in range.

Can Admin commands be based on a flag bridge on a ship?

The flag bridge are basically anything from a squadron to a task-force commander. So if you look at a real fleet hierarchy that would be a Captain up to a Rear Admiral, perhaps a Vice Admiral. Fleet commanders rarely set foot on actual ships and stay at naval headquarters to coordinate the doings of an entire fleet.

In aurora a Fleet is really more of a Task-force, Task-group or even as small as a squadron where you can place a flag bridge commander.

I hope Steve adds an in-between system-wide command so you can unify all the TG's you might have fighting in one system under a unified command. What does the Flight Control module do, for example, if its commander doesn't effect the fighters you have detached from the main group?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:57:01 PM by BasileusMaximos »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #918 on: May 28, 2020, 10:53:04 PM »
You have misunderstood.

6) Primary Flight Control is 4 HS and 100 BP. Allows the assignment of a Commander Air Group to the ship who will apply his full Fighter Operations Bonus. The required rank for the ship commander is one above the racial minimum.
The officer assigned to Primary Flight control helps speed up the refueling & rearming of fighters by the amount of their Fighter Operations Bonus. The officers assigned to the fighters use their Fighter Combat Bonus for actual combat.

So it doesn't matter that the fighters are in a different fleet from the carrier, no bonuses from the carrier would carry over anyway.

Source: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101818#msg101818

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #919 on: May 28, 2020, 11:08:18 PM »
You have misunderstood.

6) Primary Flight Control is 4 HS and 100 BP. Allows the assignment of a Commander Air Group to the ship who will apply his full Fighter Operations Bonus. The required rank for the ship commander is one above the racial minimum.
The officer assigned to Primary Flight control helps speed up the refueling & rearming of fighters by the amount of their Fighter Operations Bonus. The officers assigned to the fighters use their Fighter Combat Bonus for actual combat.

So it doesn't matter that the fighters are in a different fleet from the carrier, no bonuses from the carrier would carry over anyway.

Source: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101818#msg101818

A pity. The CAG should effect the performance of the fighters assigned to it.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:58 PM »
I get where you're coming from but that would be a departure from the Aurora commander bonus system.

No other commander can apply their bonuses to combat when they aren't on the spot. The only exception is that the Senior CO on Flag Bridge brings their Reaction Bonus to play but that's only movement order. To-Hit chances are only affected by captain and tactical officer of the ship in question. All admin bonuses are "effective" only outside combat. Neither is there any sort of planning time or requirement for combat like some strategy games mandate.

So in that manner, it makes sense that the CAG is all about organizing the hangar bay(s) to work as efficiently as possible. Granted, the title might be bit misleading and it should be Crew Chief or something like that.

Offline DawnMachine

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #921 on: May 31, 2020, 06:35:33 AM »
Guys, tell me.  When does Steve plan to add explanatory tips in C #? It’s very difficult to understand when you are newbie

Offline Tyrell

• Leading Rate
« Reply #922 on: May 31, 2020, 03:09:32 PM »
Hi,
I haven't followed the development for a while since I'll wait with playing until alternative color-scemes are a thing. 

So short question: is there word about this being planned / having an ETA ?
Do - or do not. There is no 'try'.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #923 on: May 31, 2020, 03:18:02 PM »
I get where you're coming from but that would be a departure from the Aurora commander bonus system.

No other commander can apply their bonuses to combat when they aren't on the spot. The only exception is that the Senior CO on Flag Bridge brings their Reaction Bonus to play but that's only movement order. To-Hit chances are only affected by captain and tactical officer of the ship in question. All admin bonuses are "effective" only outside combat. Neither is there any sort of planning time or requirement for combat like some strategy games mandate.

So in that manner, it makes sense that the CAG is all about organizing the hangar bay(s) to work as efficiently as possible. Granted, the title might be bit misleading and it should be Crew Chief or something like that.
Are you sure about that on the admin bonuses? General and naval commands give admin bonus to reaction and tactical. I didn't think either of those skills had non-combat applications.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #924 on: May 31, 2020, 08:03:17 PM »
Guys, tell me.  When does Steve plan to add explanatory tips in C #? It’s very difficult to understand when you are newbie
Steve might eventually add more tooltips to the game but these are not a priority. The usual recommendation is to read the Wiki but that's not super useful as it hasn't been completely updated to C# version - so you could read the changes list here to see how C# A is different from VB6 A. There are also Youtube tutorials available in English and German, check the Tutorial forum for a post that gathers all Youtube content in one thread.

Hi,
I haven't followed the development for a while since I'll wait with playing until alternative color-scemes are a thing. 

So short question: is there word about this being planned / having an ETA ?
No ETA. However, there is AuroraMod over here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=294.0 that is up-to-date currently and allows customizing all colours.

Are you sure about that on the admin bonuses? General and naval commands give admin bonus to reaction and tactical. I didn't think either of those skills had non-combat applications.
You're right - I forgot they improve Reaction and Tactical as well as Crew Training / Engineering.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #925 on: June 02, 2020, 01:28:33 AM »
Can I set my beam ships to kite an enemy and auto-acquire targets without having to go into their ship combat screen whenever they loose their current one?

And how do I drop armies on enemy planets? Do I need Drop pods? Do boarding pods not work?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 02:09:52 AM by BasileusMaximos »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #926 on: June 02, 2020, 10:57:13 AM »
Can I set my beam ships to kite an enemy and auto-acquire targets without having to go into their ship combat screen whenever they loose their current one?

And how do I drop armies on enemy planets? Do I need Drop pods? Do boarding pods not work?
Use the 'follow' order with a distance to kite an enemy.  There are auto-target MFC and BFC buttons.

Regular transports with shuttles (very slow) or drop pods.  Boarding pods are for boarding ships and space stations.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #927 on: June 02, 2020, 01:12:29 PM »

Use the 'follow' order with a distance to kite an enemy.  There are auto-target MFC and BFC buttons.

Regular transports with shuttles (very slow) or drop pods.  Boarding pods are for boarding ships and space stations.

My transport has drop pods, but its still not giving me the option to drop...

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #928 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:10 PM »

My transport has drop pods, but its still not giving me the option to drop...
You have to mark the target planet with 'Create Colony' first.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #929 on: June 03, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
Is there a way to scrap and repair fighters and stations without using a shipyard?

You're not seriously intended to use yards made for capital ships to repair one lousy fighter when you have hundreds of fighter factories, do you?

Also, said fighters keep having maintenance problems despite being in a fleet orbiting a colony with sufficient facilities.