Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210396 times)

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
It's not a critical bug, but I have some troubles with non-english (german, dutch, swedish, norse) commander names - some of them displayed with spaces instead of some letters (letters with diacritical marks, maybe?)
So, is it possible to customize my game or system settings to avoid this trouble and, maybe, also to use chars of greek alphabet (that is very usefull at Galactic Map)?..

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2016, 02:39:55 PM »
It's not a critical bug, but I have some troubles with non-english (german, dutch, swedish, norse) commander names - some of them displayed with spaces instead of some letters (letters with diacritical marks, maybe?)
So, is it possible to customize my game or system settings to avoid this trouble and, maybe, also to use chars of greek alphabet (that is very usefull at Galactic Map)?..

Most likely not in the VB6 version. Once the C# version is released, that should work.

Offline robberer

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2016, 12:50:58 AM »
I want to report a bug.      This bug seems to be decimal symbol related.      After i did a specific action in Aurora the bug occurs.     

Error 3075 was generated by DAO.     Database Syntax error (comma) followed by an SQL statement which contains also this "and s.   Size <= 398,98" which is obviously wrong.      After the Bug went into Database I'm unable to open Economics Tab anymore.     

I found a workaround by switching the Decimal symbol in the Windows 10 Setting to ".     " , but then the game has other issues like mineral amount on planets are cut-off after first digit grouping symbol :-( but the Economics tab can be opened again.     

What have I done to produce this bug ? That's simple:

In Windows - Decimal symbol to , (thats the default on my system (german))

new default game -> hit F2 -> Manage Shipyards -> Select a Shipyard -> Task Type Continual Capacity Expansion -> Set Activity -> Press the "30 Days" button in the same windows -> Error 3075

At this point the savegame is damaged. 

EDIT: OK, i've played around some more with the "additional region setting" in Windows.   With the following settings there seems to be NO issue:

Decimal symbol: , (default)
Digit Grouping Symbol: , (instead of .  )
Digit Grouping: 123456789 (instead of 123.  456.  789)

Now I can load my savegame and have the correct numbers displayed.   Maybe this can help you to solve this issue. 

regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:14:38 AM by robberer »

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:51 AM »
From way back in the v6.40 changelog:
Interception Movement

In v6.40, movement of task groups toward non-stationary task groups and non-stationary contacts will use interception movement, plotting a course to rendezvous in the shortest time rather than heading straight for the target. This takes account of minimum distance settings, so where minimum distance is greater than zero, the course will be plotted as the shortest path to a point where the moving TG will be in range of the target TG.

For a target task group or contact to be classed as non-stationary, it must have:

1) Speed > 0.
2) At least one order in its order list.
3) Moved in the previous increment (because some orders don't involve movement or only partially involve movement).

EDIT: Also added interception movement for missiles vs. ships.

(added partially because this has been requested several times over the years but mainly because I am tired of the Russian Fleet (NPR) being dumb in its attempts to catch the raiding Belasco FACs :) )

I suspect point 3 is not working properly. If a Task Group reaches its destination, completing its orders and not moving any further, then any TG given a Follow command with the first TG as a target (whether before or long after it stops) will behave as though it is still moving. This results in time wasted as they circle around to get 'ahead' of the target before closing in (and caused much consternation and micromanagement for me until I spotted enough of a pattern to work out why they were doing this).

A few much more minor things that have bothered me lately:
When a missile salvo loses its target (e.g. the ship is destroyed by previous salvos) (and it doesn't have onboard sensors) it self-destructs; but if it's right on top of the enemy fleet and they have a hard sensor lock on it, shouldn't they get a more informative log message than a misleading Contact Lost (as though it has simply moved out of range)?

This one I can see might be a matter of personal taste, especially if someone's using heavy formatting (or dump-and-process) of the log, plus there's the consistency issue... but I find it slightly irritating to see an Energy Weapon Impact event for my own fire - there's already the Target Hit message, so it seems redundant.

Especially when everyone is using the correct names for each other's ships, it's rather disconcerting to kill 'classname #x' and see the lifepods of 'classname #x' but the wreck of 'classname #y'. It would make some sense if the game just assigned new numbers in sequence to each wreck created (and I can also see why you want to obscure that sort of information for wrecks which the player discovers rather than makes) but it does tweak my neatfreak tendencies to have that sort of obviously wrong information on my screen.

The following users thanked this post: Detros

Offline Tyrope

• Leading Rate
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »
Not so much a bug as a minor glitch, but figure I'd report it anyway.  ^_^

Sol's Discovery date is always 1st January 2025 00:00. .  This might sound like a non-issue, but in my current save I started in year 1 (just because) and now my home system is technically not discovered for another 2024 years.  :D

See attachment for screenshot proofs

version: Aurora 7. 10 using the full/portable installer, downloaded September 12th 2016.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #515 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
I have new ordnance (buoy missile mines) and new carrier for my missile fighters, and noticed suddenly, that they have now hangar reload rate of box launchers 30 times longer, that it must be, and that it was at their previous operation. Several hours in their hangar for now, but 45-minute hangar reload cycle still isn't finished! They have good crews and commanders, and their carrier have good crew and commander (not as good, as they previous carrier, but still good!), and their Fleet have good staff, and command ship is in this system all this time, but their reload timer is 30 times slower, then it must be without any bonuses at all! I checked it several times, pressed Launch Para / Recover Para and Reload Para buttons, closed game and open it over again - without any changes...

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #516 on: September 15, 2016, 02:26:14 PM »
~snip~
Seems to me that the fighters are already loaded.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline serger

• Commodore
« Reply #517 on: September 15, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
Nope. They cannot fire the same missile mines in the same manner, that they launched successfully several hous before. There is no reload time log message, but they still cannot fire.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #518 on: September 15, 2016, 02:34:31 PM »
Nope. They cannot fire the same missile mines in the same manner, that they launched successfully several hous before. There is no reload time log message, but they still cannot fire.
And how/what, pray tell, are you targeting and firing at for testing?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline serger

• Commodore
« Reply #519 on: September 15, 2016, 02:43:15 PM »
They stay here half an hour by now...

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #520 on: September 15, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »
They stay here half an hour by now...
There in lies the problem, that order simply doesn't work. Create a waypoint on the JP, target the waypoint with the firecontrols on the fighters, click fire, and delete the waypoints in the same increment.

Offline serger

• Commodore
« Reply #521 on: September 15, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
Nope. I used this method of mine laying dosens of times for now, with special minelayers (self-reloading launchers) and with these F/M-5 Fury fighters, with these new mines and with older ones, without any problems.

Here is what the same FG-01 done several hours before - with the same order and the same model of missile mines:

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #522 on: September 16, 2016, 05:11:15 AM »
but their reload timer is 30 times slower, then it must be without any bonuses at all!
I've noticed the exact same thing and it's a definite bug.

The Fighter Ops bonus makes fighters reload slower, not faster. If the ship and staff bonuses combined are too good then the reload time starts counting up not down and the fighters never reload.

Offline serger

• Commodore
« Reply #523 on: September 16, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »
Very upsetting surprise. In this campaign - my first long, thorough campaign in Aurora - I planned from the beginning to build fighter-centric fleet. And I built it finally, and at the same moment, when my nation faced with 3-times outnumbering enemy - I find out, that all my senior commanders and most of commanders at all must be thrown out, because they all have Fighter Operations bonuses (because I chose and train that quality for the best part of these 30 years), and that quality turned out to be injurious without any possibility to "make a face" with some RP?!
Very confusing.

Is it any way to patch this bug? Maybe with Spacemaster mode or any other way?

Offline Tyrope

• Leading Rate
« Reply #524 on: September 16, 2016, 02:36:41 PM »
In my latest save, I have encountered the "Gumpo Empire", who apparently do not care about research at all, for their capital has 19 labs that have yet to pick a research.    As suggested by Icehawke on discord I gave them a research to do, but once this completed they didn't continue on their own.   .    :/

"[9:19 PM] Icehawke: It almost sounds as if they are set up as a player race"