Author Topic: System View - Out of Memory Error  (Read 3778 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
System View - Out of Memory Error
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:50:30 PM »
Hi guys,

I am getting a out of memery error when I want to open the system view. There is a very old entry from 2011 here in the forum but no answer to it. Has anybody encountered that bug and maybe has a solution to it?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: System View - Out of Memory Error
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 08:07:11 PM »
Possibly either restarting your computer or stopping other programs that are running.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 11:23:49 PM »
Which is system view is that F9?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:59:59 AM »
What's the exact error? The most common problems where the system view breaks is if you're missing a certain dll, or if your planet images are incorrect somehow.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 05:42:07 AM »
Been away some time ... but here goes. Problem seems to occour only under Win10. If I start the same game under Win7 everything runs smoothly. Other than that I cannot close in unto the problem. Pictures seem to be ok in both installations (as well as file paths), also no other programs running... . Well, will continue under Win 7 then...  :o

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 04:13:25 PM »
Been away some time ... but here goes. Problem seems to occour only under Win10. If I start the same game under Win7 everything runs smoothly. Other than that I cannot close in unto the problem. Pictures seem to be ok in both installations (as well as file paths), also no other programs running... . Well, will continue under Win 7 then...  :o
It has to be an installation issue then as I am currently running Windows 10 and Aurora works just fine. In which folder did you install Aurora?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 11:35:51 AM »
The Folder is "D:/Programme/Aurora". This drive is used by both systems (Win7 and Win10) as drive D - and worked fine for all the time - until the reported error occured. No changes done at that time.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 11:50:07 AM »
Try installing in C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurora.

Offline ORCACommander

• Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
an Out of Memory Error occurs when a 32 bit program uses more than 2.  5GB of ram.   under default configurations it is not an error that gets thrown for running out of ram system wide.   windows will unload processes and shove things into the page file which it has authority to expand as needed. 

I'll repeat that 2.  5GB is a hard limit on the process.   The bigger question is why is he getting a memory leak.   my guess that system has bad data, a run away calculation or far far to many orbital bodies generated. 

Xira

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 03:33:18 AM »
Same problem here.  There is a solution ?

When i open the system view.  I have error 7 out of memory.

I'm on win 7.

Thanks for help

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 03:23:26 AM »
Same problem here.  There is a solution ?

When i open the system view.  I have error 7 out of memory.

I'm on win 7.

Thanks for help
It has been a long time since I've hit this bug, but IIRC it means you have a missing or corrupt data file.  The official installer is something of a dark art to use so most people recommend using AcidWeb's All-in-One/Portable release.