Author Topic: New system entry jump point 3 years from planets  (Read 582 times)

Offline undercovergeek (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
New system entry jump point 3 years from planets
« on: February 14, 2024, 08:20:55 AM »
I have found a new system that looks quite promising except on entry into the 3 star system the 2 main stars are 3 years travel away - I could recreate the survey ships but wondered if the best solution was to park a refuelling ship in the distant stars and let the survey ships refuel from my own fleet

Also is there a MSP resupply ship facility - allowing my survey ships to top up supply?

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: New system entry jump point 3 years from planets
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 08:58:48 AM »
Also is there a MSP resupply ship facility - allowing my survey ships to top up supply?
There's no special facility - it's just a matter of having lots of MSP storage on a ship, as well as cargo shuttles. With those, you can check the ... I want to say "supply ship" checkbox, and you'll have the option to transfer supplies to ships.

If there's planets with any gravity at all closer to your jump point, consider stabilizing a LP (ideally, there'll be an already formed LP point where you want to go), so you don't need to travel prohibitively far. Honestly, if there isn't, in cases like this, I'd probably SM in a gas giant around the nearby star so that I could make a LP.

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 08:02:21 AM »
Do LPs need stabilisation before a jump capable ship can go through?

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 08:49:07 AM »
Existing LPs do not need stabilisation.

You can stabilise planets and moons with mass > 0.25 of Earth to create a new LP. The time taken is inversely proportional to the mass.

https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg118861#msg118861

Stabilising ships/stations can also stabilise jump points but have to do one task for each side.

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 09:32:18 AM »
Existing LPs do not need stabilisation.

You can stabilise planets and moons with mass > 0.25 of Earth to create a new LP. The time taken is inversely proportional to the mass.

https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg118861#msg118861

Stabilising ships/stations can also stabilise jump points but have to do one task for each side.

Ah ok - I’m maybe trying to navigate them wrong then

I have a ship that can see the LP and when I access it’s orders I can see inter system jump but it doesn’t bring up a list of targets

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 05:21:01 PM »
That means there's only a single LP in the system, thus no 'jump'. You must stabilize additional LPs first.

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek