Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 54959 times)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2020, 10:22:41 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: tactical map (DEN 0817-6155)/fleet org window
What you were doing at the time: ordering fleet movements with a fleet with a flag officer and incomplete fleet training
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce

Something screwy is happening with order delays when I place a fleet with incomplete training under a high reaction bonus command. In the attached database, United Earth Confederacy game, the 3rd expeditionary force is not fully trained. However, it has a fleet commander with a reaction bonus and just before transiting into hostile territory I tried to place it under a series of PTL commands (Extraterrestrial Observation and Extermination, see DB). Suddenly, it wouldn't do anything! I found that I could detach individual, fully trained vessels from it and they would work fine, but the fleet itself wouldn't take orders. Eventually I moved the fleet to a different admin command that cannot reach the current location and it started responding instantly. It seems like the reaction bonus from the PTL commands is making the order delay LONGER not shorter. Oddly, there are not hostiles in the system that I am aware of, so no order delay should be happening anyway.

The delays ONLY happen if the fleet contains a flag bridge with an assigned officer who has a reaction bonus. If I remove the flagship from the fleet, the fleet behaves normally and the flagship does not. If I remove the fleet commander from the flagship, the fleet containing the flagship behaves normally. If I assign a fleet commander with no reaction bonus, the fleet behaves normally.

Additionally, the fleet, even with a fleet CO, behaves normally while in range of and assigned to my Home Fleet (a naval admin command) which applies a smaller  but non-zero reaction bonus. Thus, I hypothesize that this is some sort of overflow issue, where the combination of the large reaction bonus of the PTL commands and the bonus of the fleet CO I had set was enough to cause issues, but neither by itself is sufficient:
The PTL commands in which the issue occurs apply a 1.1449x reaction bonus if I understand how it propagates.
Home fleet should apply a 1.054x reaction bonus.
The fleet CO has 50% reaction, so that should be a 1.25x bonus.

Thus, the problem arises with >1.43x bonus but NOT with a 1.318x bonus.

It would be nice if the cumulative effects of naval admin commands were displayed somewhere. It would also be nice if a fleet's effective reaction rating were displayed (cumulative effect of fleet training, CO reactions, fleet CO reactions, and naval admin commands if I understand correctly).

One last thing. The record for Chang Shi Dan, the fleet CO of interest, shows that he was assigned as flag officer. But if I REMOVE him, his history shows that he was relieved as Executive officer. The ship has had an executive officer, but does not currently.
Spike: Confirmed.  There is another report of the same issue (fleets not responding to orders), but the offending vessel does not have a flag bridge.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 08:13:34 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2020, 08:26:40 AM »
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: Nothing special, 30 days increments
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Dunno

Very weird situation here, I was building some ships on Earth (14 frigate at Ruffo and Croce Shipyards and 4 BB at Castrili and Marcello shiptard), while I was attacked by some aliens in other systems.
Some of them attacked a shipyard in Lalande system, then I got a message that due to the distruction of a slipway in that shipyard (in Lalande) the ships building on Earth has been abandoned.
(See the screenshot with the map and the events)

Why??
Spike: This is a known bug.  Attacking any shipyard with beam weapons affects all ship-building jobs everywhere for all players.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:22:11 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2020, 02:12:40 PM »
This is a known issue. When a slipway is destroyed, a randomly selected task gets deleted. Unfortunately, that random task is not scoped to the shipyard in question. It can be any task, at any shipyard, anywhere in the galaxy, belonging to any race.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2020, 02:45:14 PM »
This is a known issue. When a slipway is destroyed, a randomly selected task gets deleted. Unfortunately, that random task is not scoped to the shipyard in question. It can be any task, at any shipyard, anywhere in the galaxy, belonging to any race.

Thanks, I did not know It was an existing bug. In extended games, with several populated systems and shipyards it can be very annoying, hope Steve will adress it soon.

Offline hubgbf

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • h
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2020, 05:51:57 PM »
Potential Bug about Xenoarchealogy (v1.11)

In my game a I created several ruins, on earth, luna, and mars.
When the earth's ruins was surveyed, all ruins were surveyed too. Luna was colonized, and had the same empire name and tech level.
Mars was not colonized. I did it and it immediatly became surveyed with same empire name and TL.

I tried this scenario in VB6 and each ruins was from a distinct empire.

I don't know if it is working as intended, or if it is a bug. I did not find any related post.

Step to reproduce:
  • standard start, create ruins on earth, moon and mars. create a colony on the moon (empty)
  • build a lot of xenoarcheologic unit on earth with instant build and wait
  • Once the earth ruin is surveyed, check the moon one
  • Then create an empty colony on mars and check it
Spike:Confirmed.  Also applies to known ruins in other systems, including ruins not created using SM mode. Ruins within several jumps may belong to the same empire.  Only one needs to be surveyed to translate for all of them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:51:13 AM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2020, 01:17:06 AM »
Is this really a bug? I thought that this is WAI to simulate extinct species that had colonies in several system. And when you decipher their language for the first time, you recognize it on different dig sites as well. I have three extinct races in my game with each having several dig sites in adjecent systems (I have set high chance of ruins discovery).

Spike:After re-testing with a larger galaxy, this does indeed seem to be the case.  Thank you for the correction.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:49:29 AM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2020, 02:14:25 PM »
What you were doing at the time: closing on a spoiler planet defended by missile ships that fire intermittently
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Intermittent

Final Defensive fire occasionally does nothing. This appears to be deterministic, but I cannot figure out what triggers it. In the attached database, in the Cania system, 4 missile salvos are 5 seconds from striking the 3rd Expeditionary Force. This force has a large number of railgun PD ships that have previously stopped incoming missile salvos in this system. Indeed, these ships have stopped larger salvos than the one that is about to hit (capacity is roughly 100 missiles). All weapons have a 5sec ROF. The combat settings and fleet orders have not changed since the last salvo was intercepted (see event log). Yet if you advance time 5 seconds, NO missiles will be intercepted because none of the PD weapons fire. This happens even if I reload the save. It happens if I set Fleet BFC Open Fire. It happens if I detach some of the PD ships then have them rejoin the fleet. PD weapons don't even fire if I set some of them to area defense and set Fleet BFC Open Fire. If I set Area Defense and then manually open fire on each of the BFCs, 2 of my ships report a fire delay but they still don't do any PD (and most of the PD ships have 100% fleet training so no delay).

I've noticed something similar happen before, where it seemed like ships with PD were occasionally choosing not to fire on a salvo, but this is the first time I've had ALL of my PD refuse to fire.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to mention. The relevant game is the United Earth Confederacy.

EDIT2: If I turn the fleet around so that the interception happens 5 seconds later, PD fires normally and all missiles are shot down. I'm so confused.

Spike:Confirmed
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 08:43:14 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2020, 04:04:13 PM »
The function number: 1.11.0
The complete error text: 1.11.0 Function #1550 Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Is your decimal separator a comma? decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Intermittent/constant

got this on the last few time increments click ok and it goes away. 

Edit
Just noticed I have lost all planetary bodies and colonies in Ross 780! All that's left are the jump points. Also lost all other colonies outside Sol and Tau Ceti. should have DSTS in EZ Aquarii, Lallande 21185 and Luyten 726-8.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 04:15:25 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2020, 10:26:34 PM »
The window affected: Ground Forces, then all
What you were doing at the time: moving ground formations into various hierarchies

If you drag a formation below a formation that is currently inferior to it when it is not allowed to command the inferior unit, the whole program locks up.

To reproduce:
1. Make 2 formations containing just a headquarters unit; 1 needs more capacity than the other. Say 2000 tons and 1000 tons.
2. Place the 1k formation as subordinate to the 2k one.
3. Using move element, move the HQ unit from the 2k formation into the 1k formation. The hierarchy is now illegal because the superior unit lacks HQ capacity, but no error is thrown.
3. Drag the superior formation below the subordinate.
4. Locks up.

If you drag without first moving the HQ unit, the superior unit is set in support.
The attached DB allows you to replicate starting with step 3; see Last Angel Design game, Ground units on Earth.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2020, 01:07:35 AM »
The window affected: Economics
What you were doing at the time: disassembling components for tech points

Start researching a project on planet A. Accumulate some points, then disassemble components on Planet B (same solar system; this was Earth and Luna when it happened to me). Points are not applied to the project. Instead, if you cancel the project, the progress will be set to whatever you got from disassembly and NOT what you had already accumulated from research.

Offline S1mancoder

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2020, 01:43:23 AM »
Quote from: IanD link=topic=11565.  msg138341#msg138341 date=1593810253
The function number: 1.  11.  0
The complete error text: 1.  11.  0 Function #1550 Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Is your decimal separator a comma? decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Intermittent/constant

got this on the last few time increments click ok and it goes away.   

Edit
Just noticed I have lost all planetary bodies and colonies in Ross 780! All that's left are the jump points.   Also lost all other colonies outside Sol and Tau Ceti.   should have DSTS in EZ Aquarii, Lallande 21185 and Luyten 726-8. 

It is again a faulty comet generated (you can find which sorting db sytem body records for surface temp - it is null for a comet), deleted the comet from save and it seems to load and work fine, attaching file in case you need it. 

Offline S1mancoder

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »
The window affected: Tactical Map
What you were doing at the time: N/A
Conventional or TN start: N/A
Random or Real Stars: N/A

I get "New Combat Contact" for energy weapon impacts in a system where I only have an absolutely empty colony (was created in preparation for invasion).  The impacts is hostile STO on same body as colony firing at NPR ships presumably in orbit of that same body (so I saw wrecks appearing).  If the comat info is available to me due to a presence of an empty colony then this is probably a bug, as nothing on a colony would allow me to spot anything logically (it is an absolutely empty one, just a 1-click worth).

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »
The function number: N1429
The complete error text:
constraint failed
Unique constraint failed: FCT_PausedResearch.TechSystemID, FCT_PausedResearch.PopulationID
What you were doing at the time: Saving a game

Happens every time I save in the United Earth Confederacy Game in the attached DB. Started happening after I completed Stellarator Fusion Reactors (with instant) after progressing on the project from Research labs and from disassembly (see my previous bug report regarding disassembly).

Offline tobijon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2020, 06:04:04 AM »
The window affected: Colony screen?
What you were doing at the time: recovering from ruins
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Might be difficult.

I was recovering from ancient ruins, the factory restored message indicated a terraforming installation was recovered. Next turn I had an inactive research facility on the colony. I think I got both research facility and terraforming installation.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2020, 10:32:14 AM »

The function number: 1816
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: Main window
What you were doing at the time: Boarding star swarm ships
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Unsure

Slowed a swarm ship, and boarded it.  As soon as the hull was penetrated, the troops disappeared, time increments went to 5 seconds, and the errors started showing up.  After about 4 minutes of 5-second increments, it went to 60-second increments.  No messages about combat are shown, but if there's an interrupt for other reasons, I get "Boarding Underway" events.  A second batch of boardings against smaller ships produced the same results.  I manually ran through about 90 minutes of this combat to see if it would fix itself when I took the ship, and it didn't.  DB is attached. 
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman