Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55060 times)

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2020, 09:30:38 PM »
I can't see the date research will be finished.   It's really damn annoying.  This is on a 1080p monitor, so I don't think it's a resolution issue.

This is addressed in the Known Issues thread.
You need to change the date format for windows in order to fix this.

The following users thanked this post: ivanmixo

Offline Felixg

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »
Not sure if its been reported yet, but the "Known Ruins/Known Anomalies/Known Wrecks" window won't update until the game is closed and reloaded.

The following users thanked this post: dsedrez

Offline ivanmixo

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • i
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2020, 01:44:25 PM »
Quote from: Migi link=topic=11565. msg141343#msg141343 date=1602124238
Quote from: ivanmixo link=topic=11565. msg141337#msg141337 date=1602108793
I can't see the date research will be finished.    It's really damn annoying.   This is on a 1080p monitor, so I don't think it's a resolution issue.

Thanks a lot.  I think it should actually be changed to use the short date format instead of the long date format, because the long date doesn't fit. 

Had to shorten my long date format in order for this to be readable.

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2020, 02:23:29 AM »
Quote from: Migi link=topic=11565. msg141343#msg141343 date=1602124238
Quote from: ivanmixo link=topic=11565. msg141337#msg141337 date=1602108793
I can't see the date research will be finished.    It's really damn annoying.   This is on a 1080p monitor, so I don't think it's a resolution issue.

Thanks a lot.  I think it should actually be changed to use the short date format instead of the long date format, because the long date doesn't fit. 

Had to shorten my long date format in order for this to be readable.

The other thing that can help is the AuroraMod, which allows you to set custom date format for the game only, rather than having to change it system wide. It can be found here:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11568.0

Offline Zeradash

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2020, 04:52:18 AM »
I've just encountered what seems like a strange resolution issue.  I was testing Aurora on a new laptop and in every version I tried (including the latest one) all the screens were strangely blurry.  The computer has a normal HD resolution so It felt really weird to me.  I'll send a big image so it can be seen clearly.

Even more strange is the fact that the popups at the top-left corner of the screens (where it shows "Aurora" or the date and so on) can be seen correctly, everything else is strikingly blurred.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #395 on: October 09, 2020, 04:09:29 PM »
I might be missing something obvious here, but I just finished delivering my last piece of a refueling station to a new colony and had noticed it said "Yes" for Refuelling Capability. The next turn I noticed one of my ships was going back to refuel at this colony so I checked my other ships and pre-empted their conditional orders to do the same and plotted a course to tell them to refuel at that colony. For some reason refueling was not an option, in the orders list. I checked and the other ship was definitely refueling there under it's conditional orders. I tried moving time forward, thinking they just needed time to reaslise or something. Now it says it has no refueling capability but the other ship is sitting on the planet hapily refuelled at 100% and has just queued it's normal standing orders.

I am playing on a vanilla install. I am using AuroraMod though. The only options I have used on that is to change some colours. I've atached an image of the colony with 1 refuelling station, 1 shuttle bay and 4,632,170 fuel.

I feel like I might be missing something obvious here, so I hope this isn't an erroneous bug post. I can't think why one ship refuelling should have changed the colonies refuelling status.

Edit: Unfortunately I can't repeat the bug, I coincidentally started a new game to test something before I reloaded and noticed this in my current game. I can't see why this could have caused the bug and it would still be retroactively in my previous save but I thought I'd mention it just in case. I had also just experimentally edited my races Xenophobia etc. in SM mode out of curiosity around the same time as the bug, it might be relevant, but I didn't save the game, this is what I was testing in the new game. I have backed up the latest save, after refuelling changed to "No" in case this turns out to be something you want to look into further.

Edit 2: I put the time forwards and tried a few things. Ships are following their conditional orders and refuelling there, the option just won't appear on the orders list.

Edit 3: Well it is working now, but unless I am missing something it probably still counts as a bug. It definitely said "yes" to refuelling before and ships are still queing new orders to refuel there but when I sent a freighter to drop off parts of a new station it started letting me choose the order again. I'm just guessing but maybe it was some kind of rounding up error and the conditional orders were happy to ignore it. I still don't know why it changed status from Yes to No after that first ship refuelled there.

Edit 4: Sorry for all the edits, just to let you know, I tested removing 0.01 of a refueling station and that appeared to make the order come back. I can't think how that fraction disappeared but the conditional orders seem happy to refuel as long as the number says 1 even if the text says No.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 04:58:00 PM by Llamageddon »
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2020, 10:30:28 PM »
I might be missing something obvious here, but I just finished delivering my last piece of a refueling station to a new colony and had noticed it said "Yes" for Refuelling Capability. The next turn I noticed one of my ships was going back to refuel at this colony so I checked my other ships and pre-empted their conditional orders to do the same and plotted a course to tell them to refuel at that colony. For some reason refueling was not an option, in the orders list. I checked and the other ship was definitely refueling there under it's conditional orders. I tried moving time forward, thinking they just needed time to reaslise or something. Now it says it has no refueling capability but the other ship is sitting on the planet hapily refuelled at 100% and has just queued it's normal standing orders.

I am playing on a vanilla install. I am using AuroraMod though. The only options I have used on that is to change some colours. I've atached an image of the colony with 1 refuelling station, 1 shuttle bay and 4,632,170 fuel.

I feel like I might be missing something obvious here, so I hope this isn't an erroneous bug post. I can't think why one ship refuelling should have changed the colonies refuelling status.

Edit: Unfortunately I can't repeat the bug, I coincidentally started a new game to test something before I reloaded and noticed this in my current game. I can't see why this could have caused the bug and it would still be retroactively in my previous save but I thought I'd mention it just in case. I had also just experimentally edited my races Xenophobia etc. in SM mode out of curiosity around the same time as the bug, it might be relevant, but I didn't save the game, this is what I was testing in the new game. I have backed up the latest save, after refuelling changed to "No" in case this turns out to be something you want to look into further.

Edit 2: I put the time forwards and tried a few things. Ships are following their conditional orders and refuelling there, the option just won't appear on the orders list.

Edit 3: Well it is working now, but unless I am missing something it probably still counts as a bug. It definitely said "yes" to refuelling before and ships are still queing new orders to refuel there but when I sent a freighter to drop off parts of a new station it started letting me choose the order again. I'm just guessing but maybe it was some kind of rounding up error and the conditional orders were happy to ignore it. I still don't know why it changed status from Yes to No after that first ship refuelled there.

Edit 4: Sorry for all the edits, just to let you know, I tested removing 0.01 of a refueling station and that appeared to make the order come back. I can't think how that fraction disappeared but the conditional orders seem happy to refuel as long as the number says 1 even if the text says No.

it happened to me. SM remove the station and save. Close the game and reload. SM the station back. It should work.

The following users thanked this post: Llamageddon

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2020, 10:51:27 PM »
I've just encountered what seems like a strange resolution issue.  I was testing Aurora on a new laptop and in every version I tried (including the latest one) all the screens were strangely blurry.  The computer has a normal HD resolution so It felt really weird to me.  I'll send a big image so it can be seen clearly.

Even more strange is the fact that the popups at the top-left corner of the screens (where it shows "Aurora" or the date and so on) can be seen correctly, everything else is strikingly blurred.

Could it be that you're using windows 8 or 10 and have the scaling option in display settings not at 100%? I've seen installs that come with that set to 125% or something by default. Not sure if it is that, but some kind of magnification would be my first guess.

The following users thanked this post: Zeradash

Offline Zeradash

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2020, 08:40:49 AM »
Quote from: Zap0 link=topic=11565. msg141385#msg141385 date=1602301887
Quote from: Zeradash link=topic=11565. msg141363#msg141363 date=1602237138
I've just encountered what seems like a strange resolution issue.   I was testing Aurora on a new laptop and in every version I tried (including the latest one) all the screens were strangely blurry.   The computer has a normal HD resolution so It felt really weird to me.   I'll send a big image so it can be seen clearly. 

Could it be that you're using windows 8 or 10 and have the scaling option in display settings not at 100%? I've seen installs that come with that set to 125% or something by default.  Not sure if it is that, but some kind of magnification would be my first guess.

Turns out it was a magnification issue yes.  For some reason the display settings appeared ''normal'' on the Windows Configuration but they were actually scaled.  Changing them back and forth fixed it.  Thanks!