Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 54834 times)

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
This is WAI - you are expected to empty and then delete the duplicate colony that you had made. On the ground OOB you can actually drag formations from one pop to another as long as they are on the same body so you don't have to wait for them to get picked up.

When you delete a colony a confirmation popup asks you to confirm your decision - this is because population deletion is actually supposed to delete everything that's on it. IMO there should be a way to transfer installations between populations on the same body without using ships but that is a suggestion, not a bug.

Also regarding duplicate bug reports - Don't worry about those, duplicate reports are actually appreciated and helps the bug mods narrow down bugs for Steve.

I will say though that although it's WAI, it's pretty obscure. I can absolutely understand why people would report this as a bug. It's completely normal to assume that you are going to be left with only one colony, and/or that your troops won't be deleted.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Online Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
This is WAI - you are expected to empty and then delete the duplicate colony that you had made. On the ground OOB you can actually drag formations from one pop to another as long as they are on the same body so you don't have to wait for them to get picked up.

When you delete a colony a confirmation popup asks you to confirm your decision - this is because population deletion is actually supposed to delete everything that's on it. IMO there should be a way to transfer installations between populations on the same body without using ships but that is a suggestion, not a bug.

Also regarding duplicate bug reports - Don't worry about those, duplicate reports are actually appreciated and helps the bug mods narrow down bugs for Steve.

I will say though that although it's WAI, it's pretty obscure. I can absolutely understand why people would report this as a bug. It's completely normal to assume that you are going to be left with only one colony, and/or that your troops won't be deleted.

I understand that the removing of the units is WAI, But the double colony creation and the two entries in the DB being separate was what caught me off guard.

I will SM my units back! :)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Economics
What you were doing at the time: Building ground training facilities
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: easy
Campaign length: 3 years

The game doesn't properly handle it when new ground facilities are built while you have units in the queue.  I'll have 10 or more units waiting to go, but if a new facility is built, it just sits there, even over multiple build cycles.  I have to build something manually to get the game to recognize it.

I just wanted to make a me too post - exact same problem

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2020, 11:31:29 AM »
I have encountered a bug where if you design turret tech with economics and create research windows open and use a custom name the turret tech can be saved as the create research tech type with the create research cost but the edited turret design name.         

Steps to recreate.     
  • Open economics window.     
  • Open create research project window and select something other than an EW project, note research cost.     
  • Open turret design, design a turret, edit the name note research cost (ensure it is different from the step 2 project) and create.     
  • Look in research to see which field the turret was created in and check research cost.     

I have also had a related problem with missile designs giving an error, which I didnt understand enough to reproduce, so I removed my report and bided my time but on further testing it is real and I can now reproduce it and describe it below the turret design bug report because it occurs under similar conditions.         

Turret Design.         
Today my turret saved as a beam fire control in sensors because I had just created a beam fire control project and still had the window open.          Having been alerted by the first missile error episode I took care to check the turret bug was not my mistake and tried to reproduce it.         

It is reproducible - see screenshot "layout bug. jpg".          By typing in a new name or editing the default name for the turret with this layout of windows, I was always able to save the turret as a fire control.          You can see the research required for the turrets with custom name in the sensors window (turrets should go to energy weapons) is exactly the same research as that required for the BFC.         

For accuracy at the time this happened I had 5 windows open i.         e.          the strategic map, research/economics tab, create research BFC, ship class design, turret design window.          I left the create research BFC window open after creating a BFC, then I opened create turret and typed in my own name for it and saved it only to find it was saved as a (shockingly expensive) sensor!

I tested and found I didnt need the ship class design window open for this bug to happen but both the create research and the economics window needed to be open.         

I checked summary and industry tabs of economics and found the bug also happened, so it is not research tab specifically but any economics tab.         

The create research BFC window did not need to be on top for the bug to happen.         

I also tested active sensors and cloak design in design research e.         g.          when cloak design was open the turret was saved to the Defensive Systems research list as if it was a cloak, with the same research points as the cloak I had designed but not created and the custom name of the turret.         

If I created the turret using the default name and did not select the turret name text field at all, the bug did not happen.         

On closing the create research window the bug no longer happened and I was able to create a turret with an edited name correctly to EW research with the correct research point requirement for the turret even with the economics window open.          Likewise after closing the economics window I could create a custom named turret correctly with the create design window open.         

Missile Design.         
If you do this with a missile instead of a turret (with create research and economics windows open and you dont need to edit the name text field with this one) you get an error
"1.         11.         0 Function #2049: An item with the same key has already been added.         "
But nothing is created in any research areas.          If you try a second time the error changes to
"1.         11.         0 Function #2047: An item with the same key has already been added.         "
And you receive the missile design created dialogue message, but no design is created.          etc etc

Hope that helps :) if there is anything else I can do to help report this bug better, please say.         

Spike:This is a nicely detailed report.  I was unable to reproduce the turret design error, so there must be some other critical detail.  If anyone can figure it out, please report it. NVM found it.

The missile design error is confirmed.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:45:01 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2020, 01:05:56 PM »
My game became unplayable due to 2 NPRs with ships in the same system, causing the game to revert to 2 hour increments for months on end. In an attempt to resolve this, I set detection to "no detection without player presence". It did not help, and now the game has dropped into 5 second increments. This seems to indicate that the "detection settings" are not working correctly, or at all. Database is attached.

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - N/A
What you were doing at the time - N/A
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? See attached DB

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2020, 01:21:43 PM »
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: Testing sensor buoys
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy with attached database

Passive sensor buoys don't work.

In the attached database there are seven players.  DSTS were removed from players A-F as some targets were within range.
A-C have sensor ships stationed at Mercury and Ceres.  Mercury has strength 0.5 sensors.  Ceres has strength 1.0 sensors.
D-F have sensor buoys with identical sensors at those same locations.
Z has fleets of target ships with various EM and TH strengths stationed at and around those bodies.  Some targets should be detectable while others should not.

The sensor ships all work as advertised, able to detect all of the targets that they should and unable to detect any of the targets that they shouldn't.  The TH equipped ships also detect each other and the buoy droppers despite being engineless.

The sensor buoys detect exactly nothing.

Tested with Team D but not shown:
Strength 8 EM/TH buoy at Ceres.  Detected nothing despite all Ceres targets being well within range.
EM sensor ship at Ceres.  Detected EM as expected, but the buoys were unable to detect the TH components of those revealed contacts.

Spike, see attached DB file. My Blue Team thermal and EM sensor buoys at Jupiter detect Red Team's Alexei Leoniv ship as expected. Jupiter is well outside of all Blue Team active sensors and MFC ranges. Blue Team only has geo, thermal, and EM sensors near Jupiter.

Blue Team loses contact with Alexei Leonov near Mars orbit, and picks it up again once Leonov enters passive sensor buoy range near Jupiter.

DB file is from version 1.10.

See here for additional information: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10790.15
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:32:23 PM by liveware »
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline ExecCrawfish

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2020, 04:23:29 PM »
1. 11. 0

Function number/Complete error text/Windows/Trigger

Function #1170 - Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.  Single error on launching game, before the tactical window loads

Function #3060 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Triggers ~20 times on loading the tactical window, variable number of times on loading summary window. 

When switching systems in the tactical window, #3060 triggers a variable number of times. 

Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
30-year campaign. 
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Reproduces reliably with attached DB.  Otherwise, unsure how to reproduce - the errors occurred without warning on loading my DB, and there were no error messages in the previous session or when saving the DB. 

This appears to be similar to an error reported on page 7 of the 1. 9. 4 bug thread, Reply #91, relating to terraformed planets.  If the cause is DB corruption as mentioned later in the thread, I'm happy to try any suggestions on how to edit the DB to correct the problem and to report back. 

Spike:Confirmed.  Thanks to S1mancoder for tracking this one down.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:05:13 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline S1mancoder

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2020, 04:58:11 PM »
Quote from: ExecCrawfish link=topic=11565.      msg137988#msg137988 date=1593033809
This appears to be similar to an error reported on page 7 of the 1.       9.       4 bug thread, Reply #91, relating to terraformed planets.        If the cause is DB corruption as mentioned later in the thread, I'm happy to try any suggestions on how to edit the DB to correct the problem and to report back.       

I personally think this one is caused by faulty system creation.       Check out you aurora folder, there are 2 previous DB saves in it (AuroraDBSaveBackup/AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup), try both (renaming to AuroraDB.      db, backup everything tho) to see if there is one before new system explored that should work flawlessly (if you havent overwritten them).     

As a general drill always save before system exploration, always save after exploration and then close and open game (sometimes corrup db after new system only shows errors on game restrart).     

If you have no uncorrupt db in those saves then you will have to fix that new system bodies in db.       Error is basically when system loads from db and some of the bodies is corrupt and missing some DB entry or some fields in the entry is null, which I think is what happening (thus you see that db null).       The body is stored in FCT_SystemBody record with your game id and you will have to check newer entries to see if something is obviously missing (I cant tell what can be as never dug this bug myself since had valid saves).     

Also I think that faulty system creation might create several or even alot of (all of them) faulty bodies, and there is probably a way to mess with system map/system view to pinpoint interaction with which exactly produces errors.   

EDIT:
OK I checked db and I found the error.    2 comets got created with NULL surface temp and they were stopping process of loading system bodies from database that caused the errors.    The comets have current distance negative (so they are inside the sun???), super high base temperature and negative (overflow because sun core temp? no idea) surface temp.    They looked so bad I removed both records, now it works for me.    I attached fixed db save.   
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:49:35 PM by S1mancoder »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, ExecCrawfish

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2020, 08:16:29 PM »
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: Testing sensor buoys
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy with attached database

Passive sensor buoys don't work.

In the attached database there are seven players.  DSTS were removed from players A-F as some targets were within range.
A-C have sensor ships stationed at Mercury and Ceres.  Mercury has strength 0.5 sensors.  Ceres has strength 1.0 sensors.
D-F have sensor buoys with identical sensors at those same locations.
Z has fleets of target ships with various EM and TH strengths stationed at and around those bodies.  Some targets should be detectable while others should not.

The sensor ships all work as advertised, able to detect all of the targets that they should and unable to detect any of the targets that they shouldn't.  The TH equipped ships also detect each other and the buoy droppers despite being engineless.

The sensor buoys detect exactly nothing.

Tested with Team D but not shown:
Strength 8 EM/TH buoy at Ceres.  Detected nothing despite all Ceres targets being well within range.
EM sensor ship at Ceres.  Detected EM as expected, but the buoys were unable to detect the TH components of those revealed contacts.

Spike, see attached DB file. My Blue Team thermal and EM sensor buoys at Jupiter detect Red Team's Alexei Leoniv ship as expected. Jupiter is well outside of all Blue Team active sensors and MFC ranges. Blue Team only has geo, thermal, and EM sensors near Jupiter.

Blue Team loses contact with Alexei Leonov near Mars orbit, and picks it up again once Leonov enters passive sensor buoy range near Jupiter.

DB file is from version 1.10.

See here for additional information: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10790.15
GOT IT!  You are also using active sensor buoys.  Contacts don't have to be in range of them, but their presence makes passive sensor buoys work.  Thank you!

Edit2:Requirements:
  • Location doesn't matter, the active only needs to be in the same system.
  • Ownership doesn't matter.  All players benefit if any player has an active present.
  • The active may be on a ship or on a buoy.
  • In the case of a ship mounted active, it does not need to be turned on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:46:41 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2020, 09:43:43 PM »
So, I'm experiencing a potentially game-breaking bug. When I advance time, all of my shipyard tasks disappear. Database attached.

The window affected: shipyard tasks
What you were doing at the time: waiting for an NPR fight to end
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce

Reproduction steps:

Open the attached database. Make sure to switch to the United Nations faction. Open the economics window, go to Shipyard Tasks and observe that several ships are under construction. Advance time on auto-turns by several steps (there are two NPRs fighting and the game is stuck on 5 second increments). It should happen in less than 6 five-second ticks. Reopen the economics window. All Shipyard Tasks have disappeared.

Spike:Confirmed, duplicate.  If any shipyard gets hit with beam weapons then all shipyards owned by all players can lose tasks, not just the yard that was hit.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:26:10 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline ExecCrawfish

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2020, 05:25:41 AM »
Quote from: S1mancoder link=topic=11565. msg137989#msg137989 date=1593035891

EDIT:
OK I checked db and I found the error.     2 comets got created with NULL surface temp and they were stopping process of loading system bodies from database that caused the errors.     The comets have current distance negative (so they are inside the sun???), super high base temperature and negative (overflow because sun core temp? no idea) surface temp.     They looked so bad I removed both records, now it works for me.     I attached fixed db save. 

Yep, the fixed DB works like a charm, much appreciated. 

I'm going to play around with system creation and see if I can work out how to reproduce the error. 

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2020, 06:59:08 AM »

EDIT:
OK I checked db and I found the error.     2 comets got created with NULL surface temp and they were stopping process of loading system bodies from database that caused the errors.     The comets have current distance negative (so they are inside the sun???), super high base temperature and negative (overflow because sun core temp? no idea) surface temp.     They looked so bad I removed both records, now it works for me.     I attached fixed db save. 

I'm going to play around with system creation and see if I can work out how to reproduce the error.

This bug existed in VB.
The problem is that random system generation will sometimes create a comet or asteroid with an orbital distance that is less than the radius of the star it orbits.

This may be fixable in SM mode by altering the orbital distance of the offending bodies.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2020, 02:06:41 PM »

EDIT:

This bug existed in VB.
The problem is that random system generation will sometimes create a comet or asteroid with an orbital distance that is less than the radius of the star it orbits.

This may be fixable in SM mode by altering the orbital distance of the offending bodies.
There are three asteroids around the same star with smaller orbital distances that don't have problems, however both affected comets have negative current distances.

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2020, 03:12:54 AM »
Here's the issue:  Advanced component design does not appear to be possible at present.  You can still acquire the techs, and happily research better models, but cannot actually design the components to use them.

So I've had a little time to do some digging, and I think I might know what is going on.

Taking a peek in the database, table DIM_ResearchCategories, Category 2 is Lasers, 26 is particle beam, 28 is railgun, and category 29 is plasma caronade.  Each of these is unique compared to the other categories like CIWS or gauss canons, in that they have an entry not found in the others, they have a SecondPrimaryTech, which happens to be the corresponding Advanced tech.

However, possessing that tech type has no effect on the design window, its as if you did not possess the tech.

If one swaps the tech's, for example, Lasers, rather than SourceTechType0 = 15, and secondPrimaryTech = 148, make it SourceTechType0 = 148, and secondPrimaryTech = 15, so that the category is advanced first, normal second, then in game you can make advanced lasers and not normal ones - the design information and naming updates accordingly, such as adv railguns noting they have 5 shots not four.

https://prnt.sc/t6rqo3

If I had to guess, it would appear the intent is that the techs would share the drop down, among the standard railgun techs you would also have the advanced techs, and would pick the one you sought to design.  This is not what currently happens.

My money is on not WAI, though I do not know if this is actually a bug or merely an intentional omission(from the 1.0 release push) pending revisit when Steve finds the time.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2020, 04:44:44 PM »
The 'refit overhead cost' in refit detail screen in game is displaying a wrong number

The window affected: shipyard tasks
What you were doing at the time: testing
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce

As detailed in this post http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11713.0, the 'refit overhead cost' is calculated as 20% of the component cost. but it is displayed as 20% of the total refit cost, which result in the total refit cost does not match up.

The attached DB can reproduce the issue. Check the 2mil ton commercial ship yard of the Earth Federation, where 3 designs can be built from that yard. Choose the refit task, and check refit details when different classes are selected.

Spike:Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:07:06 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit