Author Topic: How to handle missile replacements?  (Read 910 times)

Offline Zap0 (OP)

• Captain
How to handle missile replacements?
« on: June 06, 2020, 05:31:08 AM »
I seem to remember reading that missile series got removed in favor of more solid missile loadout systems.

Are these more solid missile loadout systems a thing?
Say I have a ship and two missile designs of the same size, with one being an upgrade over the other. I got heaps of the old missile in stock, but now the aliens come knocking and I've only got enough of the new missiles to fill my ship to half. How can I get it so that when I hit "load ordnance" (or "replace ordnance") the ship will pick up all of the new missiles, then fill the rest of the space with the older one?

From what I see so far I need to give the ship an individual ship missile loadout that has the exact proportions of old and new missiles. Doing that by hand, for every ship, is of course not very fun.
Likewise, at the moment I'm updating the class loadout on every ship that uses missiles to contain the new types every time new missiles get researched.
Is there some way to deal with situations like that?

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
Re: How to handle missile replacements?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 08:44:47 AM »
You can give the loadout to all your ships in the design window. That way you dont have to do it for each individual ship but for each class.