Author Topic: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 173430 times)

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2017, 02:50:30 AM »
If you're running windows 10, I noticed that using the Virtual Desktop feature is really helpful.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #646 on: June 01, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »
Should be an easy suggestion:

Can we have a better way to delete and/or merge task groups?

Because I have ~30 terraformers I'm towing around one at a time right now.  Once they're all at their destination, they all end up in their own task groups, which I have to merge manually one at a time.  This then leaves me with 29 empty groups to delete.  So my idea is two new buttons; a "Merge TG's at this location" button, and a "Delete empty TG's" button.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #647 on: June 01, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »
Should be an easy suggestion:

Can we have a better way to delete and/or merge task groups?

Because I have ~30 terraformers I'm towing around one at a time right now.  Once they're all at their destination, they all end up in their own task groups, which I have to merge manually one at a time.  This then leaves me with 29 empty groups to delete.  So my idea is two new buttons; a "Merge TG's at this location" button, and a "Delete empty TG's" button.
Does the "absorb task group" command work, or is that one bugged? If it isn't bugged with terraformers, you can have a single terraformer TG just absorb every other on in the same position from the task groups orders tab.

Naval organization, could also do this, if I'm not mistaken. It's a little tricky though, and requires some experimenting.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #648 on: June 01, 2017, 05:29:29 PM »
Absorb TGs does work. You can also use Naval Organization tab to set the TG group and Aurora will automatically delete all the empty TGs after the next industrial cycle, I believe. Third method is to go to ship screen and manually move the terraformers into a single TG - you can just switch the second TG shown to do it fairly quickly and again let Aurora disband the empty TGs later.

Offline Silvarelion

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #649 on: June 01, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »
What I just started using is the Combine Task Group button on the special orders tab of the task group window. Quicker than the absorb order, and no pesky unfilled tasked groups to be deleted. If I'm tugging around a lot of ships (like my terraforming fleet) then I use the navel structure tab. One click and it's a single task group. Easy, as long as you stay on top of your navel organization.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #650 on: June 02, 2017, 01:24:11 AM »
Naval organization, could also do this, if I'm not mistaken. It's a little tricky though, and requires some experimenting.
Yes. Once you have all those terraformers together, use "Organization branches - Add" and "Assign ships - Add TG" or you can use "Assign ships - Add Ship" to add them one by one. Once you transport them to one area, even with multiple TGs, select the branch and use "Create TG - Branch only" to put all terraformers into one TG. Just note this checks for members of given branch only in the spot of currently selected ship so you need to first select one of those terraformers.

Offline Resident Evil

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
« Reply #651 on: June 02, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »
Hi

Got one, maybe two suggestions, and as I'm new here, forgive me if they've already been made.

1st. On the Class Design screen, would it be possible to have a Protected checkbox, maybe below 'keep excess Q' to prevent accidental deletion of a design. Every time I delete a design, I'm always double or triple checking because it's unrecoverable.

2nd. Maybe this is possible and I can't see how to do it, but a way to make carriers scoop fighters rather the fighters land on the carriers, if you see what I mean. The particular situation I have is using engine-less fighters as gate defense satellites and wanting to recover them for maintenance and crew rotations.

3rd. Alphabetical order on some of the menu's would be nice, ie lists of planets (especially asteroids), the OOB screen and others. It would just make things that bit easier to find particular items in a couple of cases.

Thanks

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2017, 01:17:53 AM »
Perhaps a cool idea would be to allow asteroids to periodically spawn anomalies, as well? Using a separate chance as to not reduce the chances of planets doing so.
The main reason for doing so being offering a cool rare opportunity that requires significant investment in the form of 0 gravity or orbital infrastructure to truly exploit. And almost-deep-space science stations as cool, too.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Titanian

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
Could the initial screen where you pick which game you want to load and which game settings to use be made into a proper window that shows on taskbars, please?

Just too often I start Aurora, click on some other application and then need to carefully minimize multiple windows and hunt for the starting screen. If it was located on the taskbar (as other Aurora windows) I could easily select it there.

The following users thanked this post: Titanian

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Another little helping idea: when new scientist arrives, show his/her speciality even when their bonus is at 0%. If I am missing one type of scientist I would not have to go to research screen to find who this new guy is and if I should assign him/her a lab to start the training or if it is another biology enthusiast.

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, Titanian

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #655 on: June 05, 2017, 06:23:16 AM »
A multi-suggestion to potentially encourage stealth tactics and to allow non-deathball strategies to strive:

A special upgrade to sensors that are only available for larger passive designs, such that every 5 day tick, after normal detection, these upgraded passive sensors (thermal and EM) make a check against all sources of signatures (detectable or not) where:
Distance from contact < (Total signature strength of all contacts currently not seen using normal passive detection)*sensor strength * 1000km.
For every emission source that passes this check, the game takes the mean of all bearings of these sources, weighted based on emission strength, modified by range, and checks for all ships within an angle from this mean.
If there are ships within this bearing range, a check is made, going:

(Total sum of all signatures within angle)*sensor platform sensitivity *1000km...

Where was I going with this? Scrub it. Lemme start over.

A special upgrade for passive sensors that can only be applied to larger sensor systems.
Every 5 day cycle, the sensor makes a check against all contacts within the system with 10 billion kilometers (or just checks all if that's theoretically faster for game performance)
Contacts outside of normal detection range generate a "subsignature" on this cycle that isn't directly reported or view-able.
At this point, the game checks all ships that have a tight grouping of bearings from the sensing ship, and adds all their signatures together.
If any of the contributing ships ends up being within:
Code: [Select]
Sensor sensitivity * cumulative signature strength * 1000kmdistance from the sensor platform, rather than generating a sensor contact, the game makes a special contact at the sensor platform's position on detection (viewable only by the owning race of that sensor platform), and it reports the average bearing used in the previous calculations, as well as the cumulative signature strength. Lost contacts would allow you to view old reports of this kind.

Anyway, on to the second idea:
-Make base ECM stronger
-To compensate, make it so that ecm is significantly mitigated by having multiple active sensors viewing the target. The effect is 0 when the sensors are at or near the same angle from the target, but increase if the ships doing the sensing are surrounding the target from different angles.

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn, serger

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #656 on: June 05, 2017, 10:44:57 PM »
Follow-up to iceball3's idea:

Not only should contacts be easier to detect if multiple sensors are observing them from different angles, but they should be easier to pinpoint, meaning better accuracy.  Perhaps improve fire-control range or beam fire control accuracy on targets painted from multiple directions?  Triangulation is a powerful thing, so is parallax.

Offline Senji

• Leading Rate
« Reply #657 on: June 08, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »
Some multilanguage support will be good :)

Sure an english game is a good training for my poor english but i know some player how dislike playing game aren't in french.   
It's a big job because your need too modify the code but for the translation some guys (and girls) will help.   

And sorry again for english ^^

NB : Adding the possibility to choose the type of ship the civilian line can build (example no harvester but OK for colon and freighter)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:48:36 AM by Senji »

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #658 on: June 09, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
Could Fleet message automatically say the name of TG that has sent it?

The following users thanked this post: Titanian

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #659 on: June 11, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »
Intelligence screen: move Trading to the bottom of List of treaties as tech sharing needs more diplomacy points than geosurvey and gravsurvey.