Author Topic: I think my Aurora is broken  (Read 1897 times)

Offline dfunkt (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
I think my Aurora is broken
« on: May 18, 2016, 03:36:56 AM »
I installed and have tried to play this game with help from video let's plays.   In the videos the cryo tech is available from the game start but in my game there is no cryogenic transport tech at all under the Logistics/Ground support heading.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
Re: I think my Aurora is broken
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:55:53 AM »
Head to your ship design screen (F5) and check whether it appears as a component that you can add. Most likely its already been researched for you.

Offline dfunkt (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »
Quote from: AL link=topic=8659. msg91247#msg91247 date=1463565353
Head to your ship design screen (F5) and check whether it appears as a component that you can add.  Most likely its already been researched for you.
That wasn't it.   I have no idea what happened.   I deleted the install and reinstalled the game.   Seems to be working now.   Thanks

Offline rorror

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:56:50 AM »
That wasn't it.   I have no idea what happened.   I deleted the install and reinstalled the game.   Seems to be working now.   Thanks

There is also an option under the Design window to show Obsolete items, maybe you obsoleted the item by excident.

Offline dfunkt (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 10:20:33 AM »
I'm just about to give up on this game.   It looks so fun and has great promise, but After a successful relaunch of the game I encountered and new problem.   One of my ships was built in the shipyard with no fuel available to complete it, and I don't have resources to build another ship so I had to delete the game start.

There is too little info on how to play and the game seems very buggy.   Too bad.   I commend the effort of the guy who made the game but it failed me.

Offline rorror

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »
You know how to open SM mode? (Crtl+S)

After that, you can open the builded ship (press f6) en do a "SM refuel" there.
Or if it is not build at all, then open the planet where it build on go to your population screen (press f2), then press the "SM Mods" button, and enter en Fuel ammount there, what is stored on the planet.

--
You made a convensional start? Thats excually the hardest one, because you need to do everything from strach. With the trans-new start, you get some things pre-build en setup, to start somewhere easer to go "faster" trough the game.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:53:52 AM by rorror »

The following users thanked this post: dfunkt

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
I'm just about to give up on this game.   It looks so fun and has great promise, but After a successful relaunch of the game I encountered and new problem.   One of my ships was built in the shipyard with no fuel available to complete it, and I don't have resources to build another ship so I had to delete the game start.

There is too little info on how to play and the game seems very buggy.   Too bad.   I commend the effort of the guy who made the game but it failed me.
Your conventional industry  (if you used conventional start) or your fuel refineries (if you used TN-start) automatically convert Sorium to fuel on Earth. In addition, you need mineral Sorium for your shipyards to build engines. It is not possible to run completely out of Sorium at game start. If for some reason your ship, after construction, has no fuel, issue it an order to refuel at Earth. If it has no fuel because you didn't include any fuel tanks (and removed the one automatically added), then turn Spacemaster mode on and redesign the ship with fuel tanks and then "refresh" it in the individual unit screen, order it to refuel and off you go.

There are actually a very small number of bugs in the game but, you are correct in that it is difficult to learn the game. Maybe watching some Youtube videos or reading some Beginner's Guide here could help you?

Offline 0111narwhalz

• Petty Officer
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 07:26:31 PM »
On the subject of beginner's guide videos, EnterElysium's videos got me far enough along for it to "click." YMMV, of course, but that's my experience.
Profile courtesy of Nicolas Niño, AKA Nnniiino.

Offline dfunkt (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 10:47:35 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.   I gave it my best shot, but with such a steep learning curve I think I'll stick to games that I can learn quicker.   This feels too much like number crunching at work.   If I'm having such a hard time just getting out of the initial Sol system I can't imagine how difficult this game gets when I have a real empire among the stars.   Far too tedious for me.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:38:27 AM »
The in depth micromanagement potential is really Aurora's strong point, that and being able to us SM mode to customise or spawn stuff depending on what you think the game needs. But you're right about it being difficult to master.
However the basic game is pretty simple, shove down buildings that mine resources or make various stuff, build ships with whatever components you have designed, send colonists to planets, and big fleet battles (which take ages to process).
But how you achieve the basics is up to you and can be as complex as you want, or simple once you've learned the game.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "