Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210442 times)

Offline gmelancon

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • g
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2016, 10:19:58 AM »
So, I'm not sure if it is related, but I added a colony to Mars using the right-click menu.   Without looking at the planet summary I started shipping in infrastructure.   A couple turns in I checked the planet summary to see what the population cap was and it was 0.   For some reason the summary only listed underground infrastructure in the list, 300 per million.   I haven't even researched underground excavation yet, so I didn't understand that.   So I told my freighters to start shipping the 60 or so infrastructure I had brought so far back to Earth.   A few turns later I got this:

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Field
No current record. 
Please report to.  .  .  .  .  .  .   etc. 

I think it might have something to do with the freighters not having any more infrastructure to pick up, cause it happened the same turn.   I don't know what else it could have been. 
I did another turn hoping it was just a one time thing after I told my freighters to stop trying to ship stuff that wasn't there anymore.   I got the same error again, plus another:

Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Please report to.  .  .  .  .  .   etc. 

Then I tried closing the game completely and starting it again.   I got the same errors again, except I got error 94 twice in a row.   I did another test turn and got one 3021, and three 94.   So each new turn the error 94 occurs once per turn since the original 3021. 

This was my first go at the game, and I was enjoying it, but I spent quite a few hours in this go, so I sure hope this is recoverable somehow.   I would hate to start over.   Thanks in advance for any help. 

Edit:
Went ahead and started over anyway.  I figured out that the problem with Mars was that I had made gravity restrictions more 'realistic', and Mars no longer fell inside the habitable range.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:52:23 AM by gmelancon »

Offline Tiranis

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
Helpless noob needs help. xD
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2016, 11:58:10 AM »
 Hi,
I'm completely new, only just installed the game and am having a weird issue where the GUI completely disappears if I tab out or have the game put in the background for any other reason (which is unavoidable) .
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or the game is doing something wrong and cant find any posts about it on the site. 

I'm running Windows 7 and did note people were having issues with it on this particular OS, I used the all-in-one full installer: hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=5663. 0

Offline arctic_lights

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »
Window "Task Groups", Name Fleet - "PDC Fleet: Earth", click on "Equalise Maint" - Error 6 was generated by Aurora Overflow.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2016, 05:05:46 PM »
The Class Priority box (Next to where you set the minimum rank for a design under the DAC / Rank / Info tab) has an incorrect tool tip.  It says higher is better, but actually lower is better.  The class design with the lowest number in the box gets assigned officers first. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:33 PM »
Hi,
I'm completely new, only just installed the game and am having a weird issue where the GUI completely disappears if I tab out or have the game put in the background for any other reason (which is unavoidable) .
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or the game is doing something wrong and cant find any posts about it on the site. 

I'm running Windows 7 and did note people were having issues with it on this particular OS, I used the all-in-one full installer: hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=5663. 0
Does it always do this or just during turn processing? I find the window always freezes up during a turn and after a while Windows just decides the window isn't accessible anymore. Untill the turn finishes.
Window "Task Groups", Name Fleet - "PDC Fleet: Earth", click on "Equalise Maint" - Error 6 was generated by Aurora Overflow.
I'm pretty sure PDCs aren't even supposed to use maintenance.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline dalekix

• Omnicidal Pepperpot
  • Leading Rate
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »
After a few attempts at playing using Infinite Screen, I suddenly got the following:

Error in cboGame

Error 380 generated by Aurora.
Invalid property value.

If I click "OK", that window closes. . .  and I get another.

Error in UpdateGameLog

Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset.
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in tabe 'Game'.

Offline kingbeast662

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2016, 12:52:43 AM »
So I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game after auto turn stopped working after around 50 years of game time.  Now every time I try to open up the system map and galaxy map I'm getting error codes.  The system map error code is 713 Class not registered it claims I'm missing msstdfmt. dll.  The galactic maps is error 76 path not found 'ships/enterpriseA. gif' and error 53 file note found: flags

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2016, 04:59:18 AM »
Well that's definitely an installation error, I don't know how you didn't have those errors before.
The bottom 2 errors are for lacking the contents of the ships and flags folders in the Aurora install folder. The first one is for lacking a correctly installed and registered MSSTDFMT.dll , what I don't get is how you didn't get that error before on the last install.
I would suggest installing the "portable" version as that seems to handle installing the frequently missing dll's.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline Bit_01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Not breaking bug, breaking my mind
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2016, 03:58:37 PM »
So uhh, i have been tinkering with this for 4 days now and i can't figure it out.

Error in CreateGameLog
Error 429 activex component can't create object
Followed by and incredible amount of "press enter for 2 min to skip" errors 424 object required

This happens yearly from what i can tell and i can spam enter and keep playing.
Before you say it, i have 2 partitions, C and E.  Game is installed in "E:\Games\Aurora 4x" and i have created the "Logs" file in "C:\" , "E:\" , "E:\Games" and "E:\Games\Aurora 4x".  Files named Logs everywhere, all empty.
I also manually validated all . DLL required by this game.
This is driving me crazy.  Please do tell if you need more information.

Offline saladenicoise

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2016, 04:23:17 PM »
Hi all,
I have been getting Error:
Class not registered
You need the following file installed on your machine MSSTDFMT. DLL
I have googled it and tried many things, where can i find it and how can i fix it?
Thanks

Offline Bit_01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2016, 04:49:42 PM »
saladenicoise,
I may be wrong about this but i do believe that if you install a program called "simple_shutdown_timer" it should install that .    DLL .   
You can then delete it or just keep it like i did, it only takes like 300kb so, more junk for my drive to feed on.   

For some stupid reason, this post hate my link. . .  let me try like this. . .
Link: www .  pcwintech .  com/files/setups/simple_shutdown_timer_setup_v1 .  1 .  2 .  exe
Delete the spaces, sorry about that

Have fun playing
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:56:31 PM by Bit_01 »

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2016, 09:10:35 PM »
Minor bug:
The estimation of tonnage in the intelligence screen no longer works. Observed speed and thermal signature have non-zero values but estimate tonnage is still 'unknown'.

Also, after a certain amount of entries it appears that Weapon/Sensor data does not update. I am playing with automated sensors w/o players.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:41:24 PM by swarm_sadist »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2016, 11:36:11 PM »
Intelligence isn't immediate, it always takes time before you get accurate details, often I have observed info like speed or tonnage which isn't immediately updated on that screen. Possibly should be logged as a bug.

Offline McArren

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
So.       It seems that i will be first to post this one.     
After setting up and industrial order on Earth, to produce 50000 infrastructure.     

I get this whenever i try to advance time by 5 days or more;

Error in IndustrialProjects

Error11 was generated by Aurora
division by zero

And now, doesn't matter what i do with industrial projects - the problem persists.     

EDIT: I was able to reproduce this one at test savefile.     

Turns out i accidentally typed into construction options drop\combobox
And as a result all projects were still there, but construction cost when you click one was 0;
It still lets you create a project, but it will never be finished.     

Edit2:
Image and hyperlink insertion on this forum is disgusting.
Here they are as plain text.
hxxp: i. imgur. com/miVGeRR. png - industry tab with problems highlighted
hxxp: i. imgur. com/gd2QMhG. png - production overview screen
But edit by forum itself for some reason. 

So, here is the question.      Is there any way i can get rid of this troublesome projects? Maybe edit some file or something.     
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:02:14 AM by McArren »

Offline Bit_01

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2016, 09:13:15 AM »
McArren,
Well, i'm not sure about accessing files since it's all in the database and that's locked.  Try using SM to delete or insta complete those projects.  Or , you know, just start over again and consider it a genetic failure in the brain of you people, Exterminate, repopulate anew :)
Still, try to fix it like that and report back, i will try to reproduce it on my end.