Author Topic: Ship Combat Simulator  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
Ship Combat Simulator
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »
I have created a Python program which can calculate the average amount of shots you'll need to fire to damage/destroy ships.

Instructions:
Armor is in the standard format that Aurora uses (e.g. 5-41 means 5 deep and 41 wide). Shields are also the standard (e.g. 30-600 means 30 shields recharging in 600 seconds). Right now I only have missiles are lasers for weapons, but I believe most energy weapons use the laser damage pattern anyway, so it should be mostly fine. Weapon damage is obviously the damage, shots in volley is how many simultaneous hits there are, volley interval is the time between volleys, and hit chance is the hit chance in percentage (that is, 50% is 50, not 0.5). Once you've provided that information click add. You can add more weapon volleys if you wish, they are all calculated separately.

Hitting "Reset" will reset the armor belt, while hitting "clear" with clear the weapon list. If "Calculate Min Hits" is checked, then the "Calculate" and "Redo Calculation" buttons will calculate how many hits it takes to reach the amount of damage you type in the "Damage Target" box. Otherwise, those buttons will calculate how much damage, if any, pierces in a single standard volley with all the weapons. "Calculate performs this calculation just once, while "Redo Calculation" will do it however many times you enter in the box above it, and then average the values. If you click "Redo Calculation" the window title should (sometimes it freezes until the full calculation is over) change and indicate how the calculations are progressing.

Below is a screenshot of the program in use. I believe that it's use is fairly self-explanatory other than what I have said here, but if you have any questions, just post them here and I'll get back to you as soon as I am able.

The following users thanked this post: NuclearStudent

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Ship Combat Simulator
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:10:04 PM »
but I believe most energy weapons use the laser damage pattern anyway, so it should be mostly fine.
Plasma Carronades use the damage template of missiles. Railguns and Particle Beams use a damage template between missiles and lasers. There are 3 templates currently, and another one will be introduced next patch.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.