Author Topic: Shipyard TG 200m km from Earth  (Read 947 times)

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
Shipyard TG 200m km from Earth
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
I forgot to detach newly made ships and sent them on training while they were still in Shipyard TG. Now they are 200m km from Earth.

I can't delete this Shipyard TG and then recreate one with the same name on Earth as other shipyards have tasks assigned to it.
I can't give commands to this Shipyard TG to move back to Earth as other shipyards have tasks assigned to it.

How to get it back?

Or rather, what happens if task group assigned to given shipyard task is not at the same spot when the ship gets completed?
Is new TG made or do the ships just go poof? IIRC fighters do that, don't they?
At Shipyard tasks window I can only change name of the ship, not the assigned TG.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Shipyard TG 200m km from Earth
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:47:41 AM »
A second "Shipyard TG" is created. You can move the original back to Earth either via orders or SM, then merge it with the new group.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Shipyard TG 200m km from Earth
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 06:29:53 PM »
You can detach the ships from that group and send them somewhere else, you can also use spacemaster to move the shipyard taskgroup itself.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "