Author Topic: Jumping in tech tree  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
Jumping in tech tree
« on: March 10, 2017, 03:11:06 AM »
If one finds enough of higher level components to disassemble so that  one gets _all_ needed research points for this tech this way, can one then use said tech even when lacking its prerequisites? Because apparently when you get only _some_ needed points from disassemble and don't have the prerequisite tech yet you can't even see this high tech you are slowly learning as such tech is hidden even in list of all techs on Research screen.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Jumping in tech tree
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:11:33 AM »
You will get points to your next level of item. Depending on what you disassemble, you get points on 1 or 2 things. You may jump a level, rarely 2
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 08:58:36 AM »
You will get points to your next level of item.
The thing is just that sometimes the next tech in the tree is not yet visible to you. For example, you can only research the next level of engines once you also have the next level of power plants. But disassembling higher tech engines gives tech points to the next level of engines even if not yet available to you, and not the next tech of power plants you still need to make that available.

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 06:43:40 PM »
I used to have Magneto Plasma Drive but not the next power plants, Tokamak ones.
I have learned Internal Confinement Fusion Drive through disassembly.

Now I can use this new level of engines but it seems I need to first research Tokamaks before being able to start researching power plants after ICFD (Magnetic Confinement Fusion), I can't jump over a tech in such way.