Author Topic: Is there a way to upgrade low tech troops?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Michael Sandy (OP)

• Commodore
  • M
Is there a way to upgrade low tech troops?
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:06:01 AM »
I just researched mobile infantry, and I had thought there was a mechanism to upgrade low tech troops, but it said that I needed a 'cadre', and although I had plenty of low tech troops, there wasn't a way to make a 'cadre', or any tool tip suggesting how.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Is there a way to upgrade low tech troops?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:06:33 AM »
On the ground units page of the production window you can select a ground unit, theres a "conv cadre" button, Using a low tech infantry cadre saves you 40 build points, I'm not sure about low tech armour.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Michael Sandy (OP)

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:16 PM »
Looks like I will need an armor tech before I can convert my LTA to cadre, thanks!

My purpose had been to keep my ground forces training guys busy until I could research construction brigades.  I might have been better off just going straight to construction brigades and build straight new units.

There doesn't seem to be a way to Queue orders for my Ground Force training facility, is there?

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 03:51:49 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a way to Queue orders for my Ground Force training facility, is there?
No, they are a training facility. So they work like shipyards, not like construction factories.