Author Topic: Magazines & Capacity + Mines  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Magazines & Capacity + Mines
« on: November 27, 2017, 12:40:25 AM »
Say you design a Magazine for a Certain Size Missile/Buoy, it can Hold 31 of that type, but you have 2 spaces left over. Can those 2 combined with others from Additional Magazines to Store More?
I Know Basic Question.
on minefields If you make them Big enough How Long can a Buoy/Mine Last? 2 months? 4 months? 6 Months?
Also can some one Post a Beam/rail/gauss  Mine for me I have looked for some examples but cannot find one. or maybe i am not looking in the right Place?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Magazines & Capacity + Mines
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »
A ships total magazine capacity is the sum of the magazines on board.  So if you have a magazine with a capacity of 31 and you mount 1 on a ship you have a capacity of 31, if you mount 2 on the ship you have a capacity of 62, and so on.   So yes the two combine to store more.

Mines last until they trigger or you destroy them yourself.  They have infiite lifetime.

Mines are technically missiles so you can't mount anything but a nuclear warhead in them.   To be clear a mine is a 2 stage missile where the first stage has no engine.  The "working" part of the mine is the second stage and it must be a missile with an engine.

The NCN uses the Mk2 Mine currently that carries the "Venom Assault Stage."

Armed "buoys" can only be made as a fighter.   A fighter with no engines would work as what you want but you would have a crew and they would have endurance issues.

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Nordak Balrem

Re: Magazines & Capacity + Mines
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 06:59:31 PM »
He may be thinking of towed/deployed immobile gate turrets.   I really don't know how effective they are as they will take morale loss unless they have a ridiculous deployment length and thus mas and crew.