Author Topic: Aurora Portable Wrapper  (Read 1553 times)

Offline star_wyvern (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
Aurora Portable Wrapper
« on: December 03, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
Hello,

I am running the Aurora Portable Wrapper to start Aurora 4x.  Is there any reason that whenever I click the auto run turn for any amount of time, it takes forever to load the next cycle.  It is very slow and I was just wondering if there is any way to speed this up? Thanks!

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Aurora Portable Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:33:53 PM »
How many ships do you have, including civilians?  If the answer is "a lot", there's nothing really you can do.  The game is pretty slow when you have a lot of ships.  If the answer is "not many", something might be wrong.  On a brand-new game with no ships, a 30-day increment should be done in under a second.

Offline star_wyvern (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
I have one ship.  I'm running it off an SSD though so maybe that has something to do with it? Although I'd figure that would be very fast.  So I'm not sure why.  I think if I close out and re open the program that works also.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:02:05 AM »
What does your eveny log look like, is it actually taking forever to make a single increment, or is the game stuck on 5 second increments ?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline star_wyvern (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »
It takes forever regardless of what time increment I choose.  The event lot doesn't look very crowded from what I can tell.  Just regular updates and it pauses when a major event happens.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 12:20:09 AM »
It takes forever regardless of what time increment I choose.  The event lot doesn't look very crowded from what I can tell.  Just regular updates and it pauses when a major event happens.

Check the log in SM Mode. You'll get more info. This will contain spoilers for your game, so beware. Not necessarily Spoilers.

The following users thanked this post: star_wyvern