Author Topic: Question on Beam Damage's  (Read 975 times)

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Question on Beam Damage's
« on: December 10, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
On a HDD( Heavy Destroyer ) I have 2 Twin 20Cm C16 Gamma ray Laser Turrets, 1 90 Cm C16 ASM (advanced Spinal Mount ) Gamma ray laser, and 2 80CM C16 Gamma ray Lasers.
each has a Range, TS (turret speed or Tracking speed?), Power, RM (range Modifier?), ROF (rate of fire ) then on the 20 cm's the number 10 ten times, the 90 CM 212 ten times, then on the 80 CM 168 ten times.
the Question i have is the Number that is ### ten times is the Damage??
On Meson cannon and Microwave they both Mess with the Sensors of units that they are used against, What does each Affect? & how Bad?
Gauss Cannons R6-100 Range, TS, Power, RM, ROF, then 6 #1's then 4 #0's the #'s 1 & 0 are the Damage?

I know simple and Basic questions
Sorry

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Question on Beam Damage's
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:38:51 PM »
TS is tracking speed.  It's how fast their target can be before they start taking penalties.

The long series of numbers, like the ten 10's, is meant to show how the damage drops off.  The first number is the damage at point-blank range, each number after that is the damage at further and further ranges.

Mesons do not do anything specifically against sensors.  Mesons do only one damage at all ranges, but ignore shields and armor.  Microwaves only damage sensors.  They also drain shields at 3x their damage.

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha