Author Topic: Missile ECM  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Missile ECM
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:00:47 PM »
I was wondering how this worked and a few questions come up:

What does the penalty apply to?  I assume it reduces the chance of a point defence shot but does it also affect counter missile interception in some way?

Do you need to use the full MSP or can you use only part of one for a lower reduction?

What have been peoples experience with the system itself?

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
Re: Missile ECM
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
Current rules are that 1 MSP of ECM equals the racial tech level, so having ECM 4 and only 0.25 MSP dedicated to ECM would give you 1 ECM rating. Although it has been a while since I messed with missiles large enough for ECM.

The rules for C# says that it will be 0.25 MSP fixed, and the rating will be the racial ECM level.

Offline Paul M (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Missile ECM
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »
Some clarifications as the wiki is sparse on this topic:

Partial MSPs in Missile ECM result in a smaller reduction?  This must be the case but I figured I'd ask.

What is the mechanic for mECM versus Counter Missiles?  Does it do anything or is the mECM only effective for point defence fire?

I was planning on an update to the AAR and a routine asteroid survey resulted in a wolver encounter...and a lost probe ship due to me doing too coarse a time jump.  Though I'm utterly baffled how that ship was detected given its separation from the wolver...the current Shoe adjustment is apparently too small (must be better than x2...from that encounter between x3 and x4).