Author Topic: Alien homeworld conquest  (Read 1134 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Alien homeworld conquest
« on: December 30, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
I had today my first conquest of an alien homeworld. Admittedly, their tech level (nuclear pulse for engine) made  the whole thing not too difficult, even if I learned a few things (don't station CVE brittle as glass nearby a planet housing PDC!).

It led to a few questions. The first, I have 2 colonies on the planet, one with their population and infrastructures, one with my units. Should I move the units out and then delete the empty human colony?

I did not fire a single missile against the planet or installations. The PDC were dispatched with gauss frigates, and then landing proceeded. Yet I'm a bit suspicious about the state of their infrastructures. Did the combat destroyed part of their installations? Was it the firing of gauss turrets against the PDCs that did collateral damages, or the ground fighting?

Offline Red Dot

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
Re: Alien homeworld conquest
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:34:52 PM »
1) Yes. It is tedious but you need to transfer the troops to act as a 'garrison' on the conquered planet. That will prevent unrest.

2) Both cause collateral damage. At least Gauss Cannons do not add any radiation in the atmosphere, just atmospheric dust.   Have a look at the environment window to see how much dust was thrown up by the Gauss Cannons.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:35:25 PM »
NPRs don't use actual PDCs, as far as I am aware, only orbital platforms, so destroying them should not have caused any infrastructure damage. However, like Red Dot said, ground combat can cause significant amounts of damage, depending on how long combat takes.

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 11:22:06 PM »
No dust on the ground indeed. Combat lasted 20 days, I felt it was the bare minimum, I started with a 7 to 1 ratio. Probably the NPR was just a  third grade nation, as population is 120 millions. Still, only one lab is suspicious.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 11:34:36 PM »
1. You also need to get your troops in their cities to make them into a imperial population, without troops nothing will happen. Not sure if they will rebell and make a new nation again...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...