Author Topic: don't quit Aurora with missiles in flight?  (Read 998 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
don't quit Aurora with missiles in flight?
« on: January 07, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
I quit aurora with a large broadside of missiles in flight against an enemy ship. Upon reload they were tagged as having lost their target (but as they had a small onboard sensor, they were keeping heading toward the last known location), but at no moment ever the enemy was not under active sensors. So I don't get that... Is it a known problem, or I'm missing smth?

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: don't quit Aurora with missiles in flight?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »
Sporadic known issues / Fluke. I've occasionally seen that. For me it occurs most often when toggling between factions in multi-faction games.

The issue is that occasionally when changing factions, loading saves, etc the system map fails to properly render active sensor contacts. If you then advance time the game processes the unrendered contacts as undetected and Bad Things happen.

To prevent that just double check that you can still see your targets after opening a save or changing faction and, if active targets are missing, refresh the system map or toggle between systems before advancing time.

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: don't quit Aurora with missiles in flight?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
ok, thanks for the work-around