Author Topic: Questions About System Map Issues  (Read 925 times)

Offline Ryleigh (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
Questions About System Map Issues
« on: March 10, 2018, 02:54:37 AM »
Hi there, I'm a newcomer to Aurora 4x, and this will be my first forum post (hope it's in the right place).

Two minor issues came up while playing today:

I'm 31 years into my first proper attempt, and while checking on my civilian shipping lines, I clicked on one of the ships in the "Shipping Line Information" window, and all of the sudden I can see all the civilian ships on the System Map (their actual indicators, not just the names), and can't find any info on how to revert that.  One thought I had was that maybe they should've been visible the whole time, and that was the bug, but I'm not really sure either way.

Second thing is that one of my asteroid mining colonies (recently established on Parthenope, in the same play session as above) is not showing up at all when I have "Asteroids with Colonies Only" checked in the Display tab.  It shows up if I set it to "Asteroids with Minerals Only", but I prefer to only display the colonized asteroids most of the time.  I'm 100% sure it's a colony, considering I assigned it a Governor, so I don't know why it's being excluded.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Questions About System Map Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 09:40:47 AM »
Welcome to Aurora!

Newcomer (and many other) questions should be posted in The Academy - I'm moving this thread there for you.  There's also a "Where should I post?" thread stickied in this (FAQ) forum that can give you some guidance.  Note that the suggestions thread in C# Aurora has superseded the one in Suggestions until Steve gets C# Aurora out (I'm hoping for some time next year).

I can't think of anything off the top of my head for either of your issues; someone else will probably be able to help you though.

Have fun!
John

Offline doofusstomper

• Petty Officer
  • d
Re: Questions About System Map Issues
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 02:12:40 PM »
On system map go to Contacts tab. There in Contact Filter you can select No Civilian or just check Hide Civilian Ship Names. As to the second question, no idea. Restarting the game didin't help did it?