Author Topic: Questions relating to Sorium Harvesters and Online tutorials  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Simple_Canadian (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
So I've been trying to automate my sorium harvester with conditional orders and with the cycle orders option but no matter what i try, it doesn't work.  I searched up tutorials on Reddit and YouTube but what works for others doesn't work for me.  My harvester never reacts to a full fuel tank like it should and the one time it did, it went to Mars but didn't actually unload its fuel or return to Jupiter.

So here are my questions:

1.  Is there a way to fully automate sorium harvesting?

2.  If so, is there a way to incorporate Tankers into that process while still being fully automated?

and 3.  There is a tutorial on Reddit that uses the order "Refuel from fleet" but for some reason, this order doesn't exist for me.  Why don't i have access to this order? It seems like it would solve all my problems.

Here is the link to that tutorial: https://imgur. com/a/WruLX

Offline tobijon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
Re: Questions relating to Sorium Harvesters and Online tutorials
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »
you can automate sorium harvesting by using the Move to gas giant with sorium order, and fuel tanks full, unload 90% fuel at colony conditional order

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
This works for You? With this setup, it will either sit at the gas giant when full or go back to a colony and sit there withought actually emptying its fuel.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 12:01:01 PM »
This works for You? With this setup, it will either sit at the gas giant when full or go back to a colony and sit there withought actually emptying its fuel.

Have you flagged the Harvester as a Tanker?

The following users thanked this post: Simple_Canadian

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »
No I didn't. . . . I wasn't aware that you needed to do that.  That explains why I coudn't get my tanker to load from it either.

Thanks a ton Steve!

-An extremely grateful (and new) Aurora player

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 12:22:50 PM »
No I didn't. . . . I wasn't aware that you needed to do that.  That explains why I coudn't get my tanker to load from it either.

Thanks a ton Steve!

-An extremely grateful (and new) Aurora player

No problem. The flags, such as tanker or collier, are so the Fleet window doesn't have a lot of irrelevant orders. However, it is an issue for new players though as you have no way of understanding the reason for those flags. You did the right thing and asked :)

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »

Use the default orders on the second tab not the regular orders.  This way, every time the harvester completes an order, it will check the defaults and carry out the next order.  This works especially well if you have set up a colony on one of the gas giant moons to hold the fuel.  Then you can set up a tanker to shuttle between the moon and your fleet base with fuel.