Author Topic: NPR suddenly turned on me  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Decimator (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
NPR suddenly turned on me
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
Ok, so I made it to 2040 in my game, being a diplomatic guy, and an NPR granted me trade access.  Pretty much my entire civilian fleet heads into their system to drop off goods.  Then I get a message saying they revoked trade access due to worsening relations.  The next increment, they blew up all my civilian ships in their system.  Could somebody please tell me what happened and how I avoid it in the future?  Because otherwise I'm going to have to become the vampire race that just kills everyone it meets.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: NPR suddenly turned on me
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:16:25 PM »
Quote from: "Decimator"
Ok, so I made it to 2040 in my game, being a diplomatic guy, and an NPR granted me trade access.  Pretty much my entire civilian fleet heads into their system to drop off goods.  Then I get a message saying they revoked trade access due to worsening relations.  The next increment, they blew up all my civilian ships in their system.  Could somebody please tell me what happened and how I avoid it in the future?  Because otherwise I'm going to have to become the vampire race that just kills everyone it meets.

Outch!

Looks like the issue reported for 5.0, where NPRs would grant trade access, but when the civies go in to trade, they are still seen as enemy ships, thus lowering relations to the point the trade access is revoked, is still there.

_My_ whole civie fleet is currently in a NPR homesystem!

"Central command to trading fleet! This is a PRIORITY ONE ALERT! Reverse course and go to maximum thrust!"
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:22:33 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Quote from: "Decimator"

Outch!

Looks like the issue reported for 5.0, where NPRs would grant trade access, but when the civies go in to trade, they are still seen as enemy ships, thus lowering relations to the point the trade access is revoked, is still there.

"Central command to trading fleet! This is a PRIORITY ONE ALERT! Reverse course and go to maximum thrust!"

Yep - I ran into this one (I guess it was 5.0).  Please log this in bugs right away - this is something Steve really needs to fix for 5.2 IMNSHO.

John

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"

ROFLMAO!  :)
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt