Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65784 times)

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
More information on the Event Stutter: it appears to be caused by running through multiple construction cycles with minimal increment autoturns. At the least, using min-incriments=3, 5-day auto-turns will reliably reproduce the problem on my system. Problem disappears if I restart Aurora and play without changing the min-incriment value away from the default 0.

Do you have a fleet with Cycle Moves checked and only one order?

Steve

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2012, 07:12:14 AM »
Do you have a fleet with Cycle Moves checked and only one order?

Steve

Nope, no cycled single orders.

The good news is now that I know whats causing the issue I can avoid it. The bad news is now that I know what to look for I've been able to reproduce the issue in a new game on a different saved database. The stutter seems to appear whenever a unit completes orders and less than the minimum number of requested increments have occurred.

Since no one else has reported this I'm starting to think its a symptom of something wrong on my machine like a corrupted log file.

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
I've had the same issue with ridiculous "Orders Completed" spam. I do believe it is when I am using min-increment autoturns as well.

Offline Lav

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
Quote from: Admiral666 link=topic=4487. msg48838#msg48838 date=1334504315
I've had the same issue with ridiculous "Orders Completed" spam.  I do believe it is when I am using min-increment autoturns as well.

I too see this pop up from time to time.  I haven't been able to figure out what causes it, but I was using autoturns at the stage of my last game when the errors appeared.

Offline phillycheese254

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2012, 05:50:39 AM »
Whenever I click on the System Information icon (F9) i get the following error
Code: [Select]
Error in cboControlRace
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg\gg1.jpg
About twenty more come up with the same message but with M17 in place of gg1.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »
Do you actually _have_ gg1.jpg and M17.jpg in your planetjpeg folder?
If not, look in your install folder (unpack the install files a second time, if you don´t have it around). Remember to unpack the "AuroraUpdate491.zip" too. Look in the new AuroraUpdate491 folder, there should be (among others) a planetjpeg folder which holds the gg1 and m17.jpg. Copy those into your aurora/planetjpeg folder.

Note: If you failed/forgot to upack the auroraUpdate491, just copy all files and folders into your aurora folder.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline phillycheese254

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »
Thanks Hawkeye!
That did the trick.  :)

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »
Population surrender bug:

This is still present in 5.60

Awakened some Guadrians in ruins.

Combat ensues.

My troops are _not_ attacking, just defending

Robot Guardians iflict 1 point of damage many times, which leads to no ill effects (no killed population, no destroyed buildings) and so does not trigger the bug

Robot Guardians inflict 2 points of damage, resulting in the loss of 0.025m population, some infrastructure and a factory or mine. This triggers the bug. My population surrenders and surrenders right back (yes, I got two surrender and two looting messages)

Population is now subjugated, ground forces are gone.

In older versions, I have only seen this happen once in a game / with a database. Fights with guardians after the first surrender bug never triggered it again.

Is it possible, Aurora doesn´t flag the Robot Guardian race as active, until they capture their first base, therefore, Aurora only detects a single base on a planet, fighting itself and also surrendering to itself?

Because I got sloppy with my backups, I can´t provide a save from before the surrender bug, sorry.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline phillycheese254

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »
Sorry to bug you guys again, but whenever i get a ship i get the following error. 
Code: [Select]
Error in LoadOrders
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of null
The only ships I have are two freighters in one task group.   Only order is a 30% conditional refuel.  The amount of errors starts at one but it increases by one each time increment.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:51:11 PM by phillycheese254 »

Offline Owen Quillion

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
Ran into a problem similar to one I reported a few months ago, which Steve did fix. I think I found a corner-case he didn't account for, and also some completely different aberrant behavior.

Short version is I had five FACs who were assigned to a carrier. They were met by fifteen other FACs, did a quick mission and returned to Earth. I gave orders for the entire TG of 20 FACs to Land on Assigned Mothership, which caused the fifteen unassigned FACs to disappear along with the TG.

I replaced the FACs, made a backup and started playing around to isolate the bug and I can only get the game to work as intended in one scenario.

If the carrier is already carrying its maximum capacity (5 FACs), and any number of FACs attempt to land, the Event Log displays the Unable to Land event.

If the carrier has any empty space at all, and any of the three commands (Land on Assigned Mothership, Land on Specified Mothership (No Assign), or Land on Specified Mothership (+Assign)) are used, any arbitrary number of FACs seem to be able to jam themselves inside (which does nothing other than cause the available hangar space for the carrier in Individual Unit Details to go negative).

And of course, if the task group with the Land On Mothership command has some ships that aren't assigned to the mothership, those ships just disappear altogether.

Offline tormos

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2012, 10:55:50 AM »
I installed and patched aurora as per instructions, but run into several errors when i attempt to play.   The new game creation works just fine, but when I attempt to add features to a class design i get several errors.   First I get one instance each of error 381 (invalid property array index) and Error 3078 (the microsoft jet database engine cannot find the input table or query "and Component ID=18").   Then i get several instances of error 91 (Object variable or With block variable not set).   After this the program continues to run (maps scrolls, etc) but any attempt to create a class runs into similar errors.   Does anyone know why this might be?

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
I installed and patched aurora as per instructions, but run into several errors when i attempt to play.   The new game creation works just fine, but when I attempt to add features to a class design i get several errors.   First I get one instance each of error 381 (invalid property array index) and Error 3078 (the microsoft jet database engine cannot find the input table or query "and Component ID=18").   Then i get several instances of error 91 (Object variable or With block variable not set).   After this the program continues to run (maps scrolls, etc) but any attempt to create a class runs into similar errors.   Does anyone know why this might be?

You tried adding a component on the design screen on a new game before having hit the New button at the bottom. The game is hiccuping as there was no class to modify, you should just see something like "text 1" in the summary section when there are no existing classes.

Not sure about the getting the same errors when you try to create a class after that, As you are at the start of a game, I'd recommend replacing the database from the latest patch/your backup and recreating a new game as it sounds like something got corrupted.

Offline tormos

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
oops. . .  Thanks a lot, rectified my error there

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2012, 08:54:46 AM »
Although only a tiny bug , is there any chance of the Task Force time and distance information being shown identically on the system map ( F3 ) and the Task Force organisation chart ( CTL +F4 ).

eg  I have a Task Force moving at 1592 Km/s . The distance and time on the Systems Map is shown as 1.44b ETA:10:10:43 whilst on the Task Force Organisation Chart the TF is shown as 1.44b ETA:1:01:04
     If I increment time by 1 hour , the information on the system map shows ETA:10:09:43 whilst the Task Force Chart shows ETA:1:00:58.

The information on the System Map is correct , that on the Chart totally inaccurate.

Can the Eta's be easily corrected so that the info is the same across all charts/maps where it can be observed ?

DavidR

Offline Gyorn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »
Hey,
ive run into a bug using the Galactic Map.      Search didnt find anything so i assume its unknown:

Systems on the Galactic Map are placed on top of each other.      For each jump away from Earth they get placed further away, but on the same spot as every other System with the same jump distance.     
<Picture>

The picture contains 10 Systems.     .     .     

Further info: Trans Newtian Start, assigned the RP myself (overshot by like 4k), gave Earth bigger starting ressources, Windows 7 64bit, german with the english number style (.      instead of ,).     

EDIT: Picture not working.    .    .    heres the Link hxxp: i46.    tinypic.    com/29ynj8l.    jpg
Is it WAD that the link gets mauled like that? oO

EDIT2: D'oh. . . im feeling stupid now <. <
Thx @madpraxis for that ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:19:41 AM by Gyorn »