Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65780 times)

Offline madpraxis

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • m
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:21 AM »
....thats not a bug....you need to move them yourself. Which lets you set up your starmap how you want it. There is a help page on the starmap itself, but as a hint for you because I like you -> shift+click drag to move them where you want them. Then sys pos button where you can get them lined up on a grid and most importantly SAVE THEM so they stay where they are after you close the map....And you are forgiven, for it really does not seem to be anywhere on the forum, even though I'm bloody well sure I've seen someone asking about that...

The other one...I'm not sure...its late....What exactly is your problem? Actually, ask in the help area...Academy that would be...
Wait, scratch that...I see, you where providing more info...after imbibing more alcohol I got it :D And in the future, its usually best to ask in the help area first just in case its you, not the program  ;)

And the corrupt link is working as directed, its set to garble your links until you pass 10 posts as an anti male enhancement procedure.
wootwoot
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:34:23 AM by madpraxis »

Offline Maou Tsaou

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
I didn't see this reported but admittedly I kinda skimscaned the 15 pages so I might have missed it.

Error 429
ActiveX component can't create object

followed by

Error 3420 (DAO. Database)
Object invalid or no longer set.

over and over and over. . .

v5. 60 on a Window$ 7 64bit pro os
Trying to open the Miss, Compact Database specifically after game creation before any orders.
I can repeat it and require a task shutdown to get out.

Offline Morgoth

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2012, 08:21:36 AM »
Quote from: ponche link=topic=4487. msg45414#msg45414 date=1326558287
In the Class design window, sometimes class summary display just shows something like Wolverine class FAC Tender    39 and nothing else, sometimes depending on the components added to the ship design.   Is it a bug or something?
I have this problem as well.  It doesn't show any ship information.
I also noticed there's no events window/box in the system map anymore.  It was kinda useful so how can i put it back?

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
You can enable the events displaying on the system map.  It's in one of the display properties tabs on the system map IIRC.

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »
I'm getting a Division by Zero error in BoardingCombat. It occurred after a marine battalion wiped out a PDC's defending mobile infantry battalion in boarding combat.

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »
Problem with mass drivers and their mineral packets :

I have a system with two colonies equipped with mass drivers and automines. The sender is on a planet with a 13b km orbital distance. The receiver is on the moon of a planet with a 11b km orbital distance. The two colonies are way over 10b km apart right now. Every 5 days, all of the system bodies get their position updated, and a new packet is sent from one colony to another.

I have the habit to use 3-hours time increments. The mineral packets don't move, even after zooming in on them. There's no movement tail whatsoever. Their indicated speed is between 1700 and 2500 km/s.
When I use a 8-hours time increment, the mineral packets move as normal. The movement tail shows and is way longer than the distance between 2 packets.

I see the same behavior in another system with numerous colonies. The receiver is a planet close to the primary. The buggy sender is on the moon of a planet 7b km away, this time equipped with a civilian mining complex. Packets are therefore sent at 1000 km/s. I have two other colonies in that system, on moons of a planet 11b km away. The packets move at over 3000 km/s and are not affected by the bug.

Any idea why this would be? Is it the moon part? The packet speed part? Distance from primary or receiver? Or even system bodies data? My current solution is to either not use mass drivers, or not use 3-hours or less time increments. I'll backup my database in case it might help solving the issue.

Edit : In another system, I'm mining far away comets and sending the minerals with an excess of mass drivers. Packets move at 15,000 km/s or more and aren't affected by the bug. One packet (probably the first) moves at less than 2000 km/s and is affected by the bug, not moving during 3-hours and even 8-hours increments. I stopped all mass drivers and am now using 1-day increments.

Edit 2 : Same bug in Sol system, where far-flung comets are sending immobile packets to Earth even with 1-day increments. Moons are not the problem. I suspect a rounding error somewhere, maybe when ETA is way bigger than the increment used. (The packet moves barely 1E-15 of the way, why move it at all?)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:57:10 PM by Marthnn »

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
I can't start a new game. When I try to generate sol I get endless
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'RaceMapDisplay'.
Please report to blah blah

This is a completely fresh install from the 5.54 full install/5.60 patch.

-Edit- Selecting the default race before generating fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:02:41 PM by Person012345 »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
Alright I think I have narrowed down my earlier reported construction bug with regards to orbital habitats:

I built enough parts for 20 habitats( 10 engines, 1 habitat section each), and then ordered the construction of 20 habitats. Only the materials for the first habitat were deducted from the stockpile, but the rest of the habitats only cost the reduced price to build.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/habitat.png/

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:21 AM »
Alright I think I have narrowed down my earlier reported construction bug with regards to orbital habitats:

I built enough parts for 20 habitats( 10 engines, 1 habitat section each), and then ordered the construction of 20 habitats. Only the materials for the first habitat were deducted from the stockpile, but the rest of the habitats only cost the reduced price to build.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/habitat.png/

Assembling a prefab PDC does this too. I had enough parts for 2 PDCs transported to a colony and ordered both of them assembled. Both where assembled but only one group of parts where used so I could then build a 3rd.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »
Not sure if its a bug, but I simulated a huge rise of radiation on Earth, 100000 REMs and the population dropped rapidly and the political stability also dropped like a stone, until I hit a population around 30 million, at least that was when I noticed that the stability were increasing.... and by hitting Earth with that much radiation I would presume that my population would die in months, even days but it will take years before Earth is depopulated.... I am now up tp over 5 years and population is under 10000, political stability is at 0.01%...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:05:37 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Marthnn

« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
Not sure if its a bug, but I simulated a huge rise of radiation on Earth, 100000 REMs and the population dropped rapidly and the political stability also dropped like a stone, until I hit a population around 30 million, at least that was when I noticed that the stability were increasing.... and by hitting Earth with that much radiation I would presume that my population would die in months, even days but it will take years before Earth is depopulated.... I am now up tp over 5 years and population is under 10000, political stability is at 0.01%...

Your Earth is now populated by roving bands of raiders able to resist high levels of radiation, yet mostly sterile. You can suppose that some paranoid people built their homes out of lead, or they had the high-tech means to resist (at least partially) such radiations.

Offline Rendap

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »
Hit a problem on my new comp with Aurora.  Suddenly I get Blue Screen of Death and the comp resets.  When I try starting Aurora again, I get a Error 3167 followed by permanent Error 91's.  Only way to solve this is a re-install - Not even a new game start will solve it.

Anyone seen anything like it and how can I solve the problem?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
Hit a problem on my new comp with Aurora.  Suddenly I get Blue Screen of Death and the comp resets.  When I try starting Aurora again, I get a Error 3167 followed by permanent Error 91's.  Only way to solve this is a re-install - Not even a new game start will solve it.

Anyone seen anything like it and how can I solve the problem?

What are the error dialogs? That would give more info on how to fix.

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2012, 03:44:40 AM »
v5.60

All my civilian cargo ships refuse to move and have Destination None. 
Is there anyway to kick them back into life?  (I have tried clear orders and it doesn't work)

Offline Marthnn

« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »
v5.60

All my civilian cargo ships refuse to move and have Destination None. 
Is there anyway to kick them back into life?  (I have tried clear orders and it doesn't work)

There was a discussion about a similar problem in the Mechanics forum section. Not sure the problem was found, but there's some recent info and tips in there.