Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65786 times)

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2012, 03:04:49 AM »
Right, so this is more of a technical problem involving a planet "owned" by 2 races at once, myself and my "allies." And yes, I know you shouldn't don't post bugs when you use designer mode but this is me asking for some help, not reporting a bug.

After my allies had their homeworld and all but 5 of their ships eaten by the Invaders I declared war on them to get them to surrender their few assets to me, like a couple mining colonies. This would've gone well except the only place that had anybody or anything on it owned by them wouldn't budge. All it was were 20 mines and some garrison battalions, even after years of bombardment and ground battles they refused to give up. Instead, I fire up designer mode and try to force them to join me, if only so I could abandon their colonies after taking what they had stored in them.

Surprisingly, this worked for the most part. They had an Alpha Centauri ruin claimed (which I also had claimed) as well as 2 others in the Gliese 109 system, their former homeworld and that mining colony, which I also have colonies on. I abandon their half (their race is called Agmar, by the way) of the mining colony without issue, but the homeworld is where it gets me.

First, I have 3 new governors not of my race because I transferred all their things to me. I can't force them to retire but I can replace them. They produce a name related error each time I tried to open the colony summary screen because the Agmar half of the homeworld was run by a non-existant governor. I replace this guy with one of my governors and he gets booted from the spot and the position opens 1 30-day increment later. Strange stuff. It still gives me an error, actually. "Error in GetCommanderName
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null"

This is the annoying part, I can't abandon the homeworld. This wouldn't be all too aggravating except my civilians try to load trade goods that aren't being produced by the colony because the entire population died in a nuclear bombardment. When I do try to abandon the Agmar ghost colony, I get an error that opens itself infinitely and can only be resolved by force-closing Aurora through the task manager.
"Error in cmdDelete_Click

Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set."

EDIT: Nevermind, frakk all of this. They built a random new colony somewhere with nobody on it so I just gave their half of the colony back and deleted it from their end.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:43:39 PM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline CheaterEater

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug with missile costs or just an intentional trick of missile costs:

A missile with agility actually costs less if you add fuel to it.  I made a size 3 missile with 1 fuel and warhead with 0. 5 agility and engine, it ended up costing 2. 025 BP.  I then bumped the fuel up to 100, and the resulting size 102 missile cost 1. 75 BP.  This leads to the awkward scenario of finishing a batch of size 3 missiles slower than a batch of size 102 missiles (they're also researched faster too), so large fuel tanks makes other parts less expensive.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »
It's because missile fuel is 'free' (still costs fuel) and you don't actually pay for Agility - just Maneuver Rating. So when you increase the size of the missile the maneuver rating goes down, reducing the cost.

Offline CheaterEater

• C
« Reply #273 on: June 11, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
It's because missile fuel is 'free' (still costs fuel) and you don't actually pay for Agility - just Maneuver Rating. So when you increase the size of the missile the maneuver rating goes down, reducing the cost.

I thought about that, but the gallicite cost of a missile is related to the agility MSP, not the maneuver rating. Adding a bunch of fuel doesn't reduce that cost. So the mineral cost of agility is tied to the absolute MSP, but the RP/BP cost is tied to maneuver rating which is agility vs. size, which leads to large fuel tanks making it faster and easier to build and design a missile. None of the other components use this method. That may be intentional, but I wasn't sure so I wanted to put it up.

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
I don't have the exact text (as I forgot to write it down) but on ending a turn I received several 'error in update game log' messages with text along the lines of 'the database field is too small for the content you are attempting to insert'.  On subsequent turns, and any other event updating the log (e.g scrapping ship components) I now get a number of error messages stating
Code: [Select]
'Error in UpdateMessages'
Error 94 was geenrated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
V5.56

Just received the following pop-up error

Error in PlanetaryBombardment
Error 3021 was generated by DAOField
No current record.

I am not engaging in any planetary bombardment with my own forces - just a ground assault on 1 planet. with an Assault Battalion.

DavidR

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »
V5.56

Just received the following pop-up error

Error in PlanetaryBombardment
Error 3021 was generated by DAOField
No current record.

I am not engaging in any planetary bombardment with my own forces - just a ground assault on 1 planet. with an Assault Battalion.

DavidR

Ah yes, I get this quite a lot too from ground combat.  About one in every four turns I would guess?  Normally happens when my engineers + garisson forces are attacked by robotic guardians from ruins

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
Oh, I should note that I had overlooked the title bar in my divide by zero error, it says error in orbital movement

Offline Rokmonkey

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
I made a mistake, and gave one of my cargo task groups a repeat order of 200 times.   Now every time I open up that task group I get:

Error in CalculateTotalMoveTime

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

I spent a while holding down Esc and Enter to maybe get to the end of it, but no such luck.   It has since made it so that I can't use that task group, and now that the fleet is out of fuel it makes it hard to make 30day leaps.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
I made a mistake, and gave one of my cargo task groups a repeat order of 200 times.   Now every time I open up that task group I get:

Error in CalculateTotalMoveTime

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

I spent a while holding down Esc and Enter to maybe get to the end of it, but no such luck.   It has since made it so that I can't use that task group, and now that the fleet is out of fuel it makes it hard to make 30day leaps.

Remove all of the orders, then SM the fleet some fuel from the Task Group screen.

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
I seem to have had several of my geo survey ships disappear with no apparent cause. They are not equipped with any sort of military sensors so they wouldn't see an attacker coming but on the other hand, there are no new wrecks in the system either nor any log of them being destroyed in the Events report.

A quick run down of events:

My geologist survey force arrives in a system with no known aliens present.

They carry out orders to detach their tankers / jump motherships and then divide into single task forces.

They do this without a problem

However, there are only two planets in system so only two of them head off to conduct surveys. The rest stay on the jump point with the jump tenders.

The rest report that they cannot follow their primary orders.

So one by one I issue orders for them to join the non-survey fleet.

10 days later, I only have one fleet asking for orders.

I check to get ready to issue it orders to move on to the next system and discover, of 7 distinct survey ships, only 2 remain.

No wrecks appear anywhere in the system nor is there any log of any ships being lost or officers assigned to said ships being killed. It is as if they never existed. Except for the fact that the survivors are 004 and 007 respectively.

The listing for the other members of the class are also missing from the Ship roster for the entire empire.

The officers assigned to the missing ships are still alive but now say they are unassigned and their location is "unknown system." Their names have not been highlighted to show that they are unassigned however.

Version # is 5.60

Offline Rokmonkey

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=4487. msg50892#msg50892 date=1340070734
Remove all of the orders, then SM the fleet some fuel from the Task Group screen.

While I have fixed it now,  at the time I couldn't remove the orders, once I opened up the task group page I could only force quit my way out of the game.   I managed to remove all the cargo it was transporting away to Mars, so it ran out of tasks.

Offline SamS

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »
Playing 5. 60.  I seem to have a keyboard bug.

The game is running smoothly, however sometimes when I input a keyboard command (not every time, but 4 times out of 5), the system window will suddenly pop up and won't let me use any other window.  That is the buttons on other window are not working.  If I close the system window, it just pops up again.

Sometimes I have been able to close the system window and quickly close the other windows I have open until I get back to the main menu bar.  At that time I can proceed normally. 

If I exit the game and restart, it works fine.

I did a search but have not seen anyone else report this.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
Playing 5. 60.  I seem to have a keyboard bug.

The game is running smoothly, however sometimes when I input a keyboard command (not every time, but 4 times out of 5), the system window will suddenly pop up and won't let me use any other window.  That is the buttons on other window are not working.  If I close the system window, it just pops up again.

Sometimes I have been able to close the system window and quickly close the other windows I have open until I get back to the main menu bar.  At that time I can proceed normally. 

If I exit the game and restart, it works fine.

I did a search but have not seen anyone else report this.

Hmmm. Easy stuff first :)

No macros in the keyboard? Or a stuck key? Have you tried another keyboard?

Offline SamS

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
I'm using a relatively new (18 months) Logitech Wave keyboard which has performed solidly since I've had it.  I might have another keyboard at home I can try, I will have to dig it out tonight.

No macros, no stuck keys.  The issue comes up with different key strokes - the numpad, letter keys, number keys and arrow keys.  It has happened in multiple areas such as adjusting the number of auto turns on the system map, entering a name of a person in the officer screen, scrolling through systems on the task force screen etc.