Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65786 times)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #390 on: August 30, 2012, 04:23:14 AM »
Turn off Antivirus.  Run Aurora in administrator. Make sure you arn't installing to program files in any shape or form.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #391 on: August 30, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »
Commanders are not automatically assigned to vacant positions despite having ticked the 'Automated Assignments' box.  They are of sufficient rank to hold their position.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #392 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »
Do they have any crew training rating?  Generally, the game will not assign characters to posts if they don't have the appropriate skill (Survey for survey ships, logistics for freighters, crew training for basically everything else).

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
And it looks like that was the problem.  I have a glut of Navy commanders so it's not a problem there to fill all positions, but my army is a different story, half my rank 2 and up officers are lacking a Ground Forces Training Bonus, and so don't get assigned.  Which is annoying, as that means none of my Division HQs and only half my Brigade HQs have a CO.

My army has been growing rather steadily, while my navy has mostly stuck to the same number of commands.

With that in mind, is it possible to get Task Force officers auto assigned? I have yet to see it happen.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
And it looks like that was the problem.  I have a glut of Navy commanders so it's not a problem there to fill all positions, but my army is a different story, half my rank 2 and up officers are lacking a Ground Forces Training Bonus, and so don't get assigned.  Which is annoying, as that means none of my Division HQs and only half my Brigade HQs have a CO.

My army has been growing rather steadily, while my navy has mostly stuck to the same number of commands.

With that in mind, is it possible to get Task Force officers auto assigned? I have yet to see it happen.

You can manually assign them.

TF commanders do not get auto-assigned, though their staff does.

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:12 AM »
Error 6 in System Map.  Somehow, I'm completely lost in the Sol system with nothing displayed.  Zoomed all the way out to see if I could find anything - nothing.  Tried clicking on an event to see if it would center it - overflow error generated.  Switch from Sol map to a different system (works) and then back - overflow generated.  At this point, I try to zoom out, overflow generated.  Try to zoom in, total game crash due to overflow.

Is my game unrecoverable?

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
Error 6 in System Map.  Somehow, I'm completely lost in the Sol system with nothing displayed.  Zoomed all the way out to see if I could find anything - nothing.  Tried clicking on an event to see if it would center it - overflow error generated.  Switch from Sol map to a different system (works) and then back - overflow generated.  At this point, I try to zoom out, overflow generated.  Try to zoom in, total game crash due to overflow.

Is my game unrecoverable?

I had something similar - was able to resolve it by turning off "Show Active Sensor" and "Show Passive Sensor".  Was able to turn them back on after viewing the system (think it was Sol, but not 100%) without the error popping back up.

Give that a try

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »
Didn't have either of those things selected, but I tried turning off every display option.  No luck

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »
Didn't have either of those things selected, but I tried turning off every display option.  No luck

Try clicking the Min Zoom button.

Offline forgottenlord

• Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
Try clicking the Min Zoom button.

Perfect

Thanks

Offline tryrar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »
Just got a 3049 error. It seems the entire database somehow got corrupted, so it looks like I need to redownload and install. *grumble* just when I had an awesome alpha centauri too, with a 0 col cost planet and 3 2 or less col cost planets!

Offline mevans955

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #401 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
First post- I am trying to overhaul my ships at a shipyard; The ship is 1700 tons, and I have over the minimum for maintenance capacity/shipyard capacity.  However, every time I try to click repair in the shipyard menu I get an error 6- overflow and whenever I try to begin overhaul from the task group orders menu nothing changes after over seven months.  Is there something that I'ma not getting about the overhaul function, or is this a genuine bug? I am running 5. 54, would this error be fixed by updating?

Offline telegraph

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:20 AM »
Havve you changed or unlocked a design in some way? I think I encountered something like this when I unlocked a design by updating armour(button near the lock/unlock) and changing the design.

Offline mevans955

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2012, 12:18:47 PM »
No- I did not.  I tried it with two different designs.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #404 on: September 12, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
Overhaul is not a shipyard task, it is a colony task selected in task group orders.  The colony must have maintenance facilities sufficient to cover the ship size in question.  The facilities can be installations, ship/pdc maintenance modules or a combination of both.  There is also a minerals requirement.  If your using installations then there is also a colonist requirement.  At 1700tons your starting colony/homeworld should have more than enough capacity which leads to possible mineral shortages. 

When posting about error messages, please provide full details of the message.  If possible a screen capture would greatly add in troubleshooting the problem. 

Barring that provide the ship class design and/or an image of the ship in question.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley