Author Topic: Buying Fuel  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Buying Fuel
« on: June 11, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »
Is it possible to buy fuel from your civilians just as you can buy minerals?

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
Re: Buying Fuel
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:28:35 PM »
You can refuel your ships from civilian-owned fuel harvesters, which the civvies will start building once you unlock the fuel harvester module. They will bill you for the fuel you take.

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »
You can refuel your ships from civilian-owned fuel harvesters, which the civvies will start building once you unlock the fuel harvester module. They will bill you for the fuel you take.

So you could have a tanker come and get fuel from them every so often. I guess that could work as buying.
More guns = more funs

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »
You are charged for the fuel you take.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 02:26:21 AM »
Just to be clear you are charged for fuel you get from the order "refuel from fleet" if the harvester shows up over your capital and you manually download the fuel into your farm it is free.  I did this once accidentally...I consider it an exploit.

But I find the civillian harvesters a valuable souce of fuel.  The price should be increased significantly as 1 ECU for 10,000 l of fuel is pathetic. 

I currently use two tankers that every 4-6 months do a series of trips out to bring the fuel back from Jupiter, it currently amounts to about 9 million l a year from the civillian harvesters for the NCN.  That is non-trivial amount (refinery production is around 5 million l for the NCN).