Author Topic: Jump Engine Question  (Read 1272 times)

Offline tryrar (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
Jump Engine Question
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
I have a quick question about jump engines. I know basically what the squadron jump function is(reduces sensor blindness from jumping, but only for the number of ships allowed by the jump engine). I wonder though, if I, say, have a couple cruisers in the same TG with jump engines that have max squad size 4, and I then have 6 regular cruisers in the same TG, could I still jump or would I need to slit the TG in half?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Jump Engine Question
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »
I have a quick question about jump engines. I know basically what the squadron jump function is(reduces sensor blindness from jumping, but only for the number of ships allowed by the jump engine). I wonder though, if I, say, have a couple cruisers in the same TG with jump engines that have max squad size 4, and I then have 6 regular cruisers in the same TG, could I still jump or would I need to slit the TG in half?

You will need to split them up.

Offline Atlantia

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is a wug.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
I'll tack on a question with a similar theme. I've got a couple military jump tenders with a max size of 10200 tons, and the ships I'm trying to transit with are all less than that. I have a squadron size of 6 ships, and I have only 5 accompanying my tenders. It's returning "Cannot jump because at least one ship is larger than the ship with the highest jump rating" error. My jump tender itself IS smaller than one class of ships. Do I just need to up the size of the tender somehow in order to make it work?
Now there are two of them.   There are two ______.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
I'll tack on a question with a similar theme. I've got a couple military jump tenders with a max size of 10200 tons, and the ships I'm trying to transit with are all less than that. I have a squadron size of 6 ships, and I have only 5 accompanying my tenders. It's returning "Cannot jump because at least one ship is larger than the ship with the highest jump rating" error. My jump tender itself IS smaller than one class of ships. Do I just need to up the size of the tender somehow in order to make it work?

Yes. Jump drives work off of the size of the mounting ship.