Author Topic: Jump Point Survey Locations  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Breytac (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
Jump Point Survey Locations
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:10:56 AM »
Ok, so I figured out what the little white hollow circles are on my system map. Now, how do I survey them? I have a jump ship ready to go with a jumpdrive and grav/geo sensors and can't wait to get out into the big bad galaxy and do some exploring and maybe also some fighting, although I prefer exploration and exploitation rather than fighting.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Jump Point Survey Locations
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:57:54 AM »
You need to do a grav survey.

Offline randal7

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
Taking your question literally:

Open the task force screen (if you are in the F3 System screen, it's the button at the top with a ship, to the left of the button with the sun, iirc).

Select the task force your survey ship is in from the dropdown in top left. If you have not yet put the ship in a task force, click new task force at bottom left (then click rename task force next to it if you wish). Then click the middle of the three tabs that run horizontally midscreen (forget the name). In the righthand section will be a list of your task forces in the same system. Your new ship is probably in the shipyard TF. Select it, select your ship, and use the arrows to move it into your new TF.

In the left section (still under the middle tab) are three dropdowns. The top one should contain your continuous orders (or something like that; forget the name again). One will be survey nearest survey location. Select that. Your ship will start surveying for jump points as soon as you click a time interval.

Sorry for being a litte vague; don't have the game on the laptop to check specific names of tabs.

Offline Breytac (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:16:22 AM »
Thannks for the help. I actually managed to figure it out about five seconds after I posted.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »
Expanding on what was said above:

First you need a ship with at least one Grav Survey Sensor.
Prerequisits: Trans Newton Technology --> Jump Point Technology --> Grav Survey Sensor

When you have the ship ready, you should put it into its own taskgroup. To do this, you open the taskgroup window (F12)

If the ship is newly build, it is probably in the Shipyard taskgroup (this is the default TG, new ships are put in).

[attachment=2:34b6jmt7]Taskgroup window 1.JPG[/attachment:34b6jmt7]

Your survey ship should now be in its own TG.

[attachment=1:34b6jmt7]Taskgroup window 3.JPG[/attachment:34b6jmt7]

You can now order the ship (TG) to survey specific survey points manually (you have to activate the checkbox "survey locations"), but you can also let it work automaticaly

[attachment=0:34b6jmt7]Taskgroup window 2.JPG[/attachment:34b6jmt7]

With the "Fuel less than 30%" thing selected, you will get a message about the TG heading for home or, if it can´t get there (no colony within 4 jumps/no jumpship/jumpgate available) a message about it not being able to fullfill a conditional order. Anyway, you will get a message, once the fuel reaches 30%, so there is usually enough to reach someplace to refuel, which is not allways the case with the default, 10% message.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany