Author Topic: Starting with habitat-based civilizations  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Haji (OP)

• Captain
Starting with habitat-based civilizations
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
Greetings

I'm trying to set up my first role-playing game in Aurora, but I've got a small problem.  I want to have a civilization exploiting a hostile world living in orbital habitats.  Creating habitats etc.  is easy, but I have no idea how to set up population for them.

In normal game, when I have built some habitats, the only thing I could do with them is to tow them to their destination and then send colony ships.  The colony ships would automatically unload the colonists to habitats, but that's all.  I have no idea how the set people into them even in normal game.

So far I have tried to simply set up colony, make orbital habitats for 200m people, add 100m people to the colony and advance timer, hoping they would move on their own.  They all died.

I  would be vey grateful for help.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: Starting with habitat-based civilizations
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
orbital habitats are assigned to a colony, and add to the population capacity of that colony. they cant hold population on their own, as it were. If the colonizing population is dying horribly, it's because the habitats arnt assigned to the colony. This happens either when they are brought there via move, or if you manually assign them to it on the ships screen.

Offline Haji (OP)

• Captain
Re: Starting with habitat-based civilizations
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »
Thank you very much, it is working.