Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 44228 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »
Cancelling out of an instant research of a component system still puts that system in the research list. I've only tested this with microwaves, plasma Carronades, reactors, and ship engines, but in all these cases canceling instant doesn't properly disregard racial component tech creation.

Fixed for v6.40

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
Any tech component design that has a '0' mineral cost in some category will get a non-zero cost for that mineral if you switch to a tech component that uses that mineral

This can result in wasted minerals if the player doesn't notice, depending on severity. Also happens with to ship engines, tritanium and missile engines, etc.

I remember a variant involving uridium and missiles with no sensors that emptied a stockpile. Maybe there's also one with tritanium and missiles with no warhead, but I'm less sure on how to reproduce the missile design bugs.

Closing aurora resets stuff to zero as a workaround, so I keep forgetting to report this.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Been searching for this for a while and you led me straight to it. Turns out I was clearing an array that I thought contained the materials but it was outside the scope of the tech system creation code and there was an array with the same name within scope that wasn't being cleared. Aaargh!

Fixed for v6.40

I've also removed the display of 0x <mineral name> where the component no longer uses that mineral

Steve
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:30:29 PM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 06:38:46 PM »
I'm getting an error message: "Cryo and non-Cryo combat drop modules cannot both be present on the same ship"

This message pops up if I design a ship with mixed cryo and non-cryo drop pods (as I would expect) but also when mixing cryo company-sized pods and cryo battalion-sized pods, or when mixing non-cryo company-sized pods with non-cryo battalion-sized pods (which I wouldn't expect.) In 6.20 I could mix battalion and company sized drop pods without an error message. Is this intended to now be an error? The error message doesn't reflect that, if that was the intention.

No, it's a bug. Fixed for v6.40

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Minor bug: In the Ships (F6) window, under the Miscellaneous tab, the Tractor Link buttons both have mouseover tool tips that refer to the transfer of spares rather than to creating and breaking tractor links. likewise, the Transfer Ship to Alien Empire box on the same page has a Transfer button with a tooltip the says "Activate Transponder."

Fixed (wish they were all this easy :))

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 06:52:06 PM »
Officer history is clairvoyant.

The actual game date is 1st January 2025.

When I click on captain Alex Burns, his officer history says:

"1st January 2025: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander
13th November 2042: Promoted to Fiend"

The commander history table isn't being cleared when a commander is deleted. If a commander has the same ID as a commander in a deleted game, both the current and deleted commanders history are being combined.

Fixed for v6.40

Steve

Offline vonduus

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
Crash bug:

If you click the "use" button in the "Other templates" without specifying which template to use, the game throws an "invalid" error and crashes to desktop.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »
Crash bug:

If you click the "use" button in the "Other templates" without specifying which template to use, the game throws an "invalid" error and crashes to desktop.

Fixed for v6.40

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
Creating a factory build order for any sort of class (PDC, fighter, orbital habitat) does not lock the class design you are building. The class should be locked as if you gave the order to retool a shipyard to that class.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6508.0.html

Fixed for v6.40

Steve

Offline vonduus

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
Also relating to Order Templates, if you have orders in line and try to apply a template, the results are literally mixed:

Example: If a fleet has two orders (A-B), and I apply a template (C-D-E), the first order of the template invariably ends up as the second order in the final list (A-C-B-D-E).

Additionally, if automatic jump point planning also is involved somewhere along the line, the results are beyond description.

Off topic: Order Templates are a great addition to the game. All this feature needs apart from a little bug-fixing is an edit/delete button.

Thanks Steve, for a fantastic game, and I am happy to see that it has become significantly more polished since last time I played it. And I really love all the new views you have brought in from Newton Aurora.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
CIWS appear in the Beam fire control assignment list as a weapon that can be assigned to a beam fire control

Offline vonduus

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »
Negative time in Production Overview:

When scrapping ships, they show up on the Player Race Production Overview window with a negative completion time, like in my game on 6th of December 2059:

...Event Type: Shipbuilding, Description: Scrap, Completion Time: -0.21 years, Completion Date: 21st February 2060.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 05:43:35 AM »
Industry production orders appear from nothing. Possibly bleeding over from another game - though I had deleted the default campaign before starting my own. In any case, Luna, Titan and the comet Van Biesbroeck had orders for construction and missile building, that looked like they were in the middle of building them. For example, Luna had "construct 0.72 research labs". I deleted them with no ill-effects.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »
CIWS appear in the Beam fire control assignment list as a weapon that can be assigned to a beam fire control

Fixed for v6.40

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
Industry production orders appear from nothing. Possibly bleeding over from another game - though I had deleted the default campaign before starting my own. In any case, Luna, Titan and the comet Van Biesbroeck had orders for construction and missile building, that looked like they were in the middle of building them. For example, Luna had "construct 0.72 research labs". I deleted them with no ill-effects.

Industry orders were not being deleted from old games. Fixed for v6.40

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
Negative time in Production Overview:

When scrapping ships, they show up on the Player Race Production Overview window with a negative completion time, like in my game on 6th of December 2059:

...Event Type: Shipbuilding, Description: Scrap, Completion Time: -0.21 years, Completion Date: 21st February 2060.

Fixed for v6.40

Steve